Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Parts

Parts New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

Old 05-17-2017, 07:28 AM

Exclamation WTB Shock for 02' EC250 (urgent: big race in a month)

My 888 shock is in rough shape, and because I'm way out in rural Australia for seeding season I don't have the resources of time to attempt a rebuild before I compete in the Finke (June 15th), any chance somebody has a serviceable spare kicking around that will hold its oil and let me pass scrutineering?

I'm already waaaaaaaay over budget here (I know, I know, everybody says that) and would appreciate a fair price if possible.

On another note, provided I get this replacement; anybody want to buy a leaky 888 that's ripe for a rebuild real cheap?

Old 05-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

What do you consider a fair price? Can anyone confirm if the shock changed between 02 and 11?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 PM

I'm willing to pay what it's worth, but I'd really prefer to find one under $200AUD if possible.

I've heard that 02' and older have a longer shock due to a higher shock mount (?), I can measure from eye to eye in the next couple days though
Old 05-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Measure eye to eye and we'll see where you're at.

Have you considered sending it somewhere for a rebuild prior or too concerned with turn around time?

I have a spare 888 here but not sure if I want to part with it. Have a TTX as well. Could also probably help with rebuilding yours depending where you are and postage costs etc.

Last one I rebuilt for a mate set him back the following

$80 OEM seal head
$30 Piston band
$30 Bump stop
$10 Postage

And then he threw me a few dollars to do the work + fluids.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 AM

Enduropro has a used shock for sale and they are saying from 96-11 are the same?? There are some on Ebay as well.

http://www.enduropuro.it/shop/en/use...gas-96-11.html
Old 05-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Shock

02 is different not only in length but shape the reservoir is downward to clear the frame/ mount .
Old 05-18-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
02 is different not only in length but shape the reservoir is downward to clear the frame/ mount .
Thats some Good info right there.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Measure eye to eye and we'll see where you're at.
I measured in bike which I admit isn't ideal, but it looks to be about 425mm from eye to eye with the swingarm unloaded.

Quote:
Have you considered sending it somewhere for a rebuild prior or too concerned with turn around time?
Yes, turn around time is my main issue here, otherwise I would definitely rebuild. Also I still need the bike in working nick so I can train.

Quote:
I have a spare 888 here but not sure if I want to part with it. Have a TTX as well. Could also probably help with rebuilding yours depending where you are and postage costs etc.
I super appreciate the offer to help out with the rebuild! ...but for the reasons above it isn't really a great option for me right now. I'm also currently in rural Western Australia (Gnowangerup: post-code 6335) at the moment so I assume turnaround time would be pretty unmanageable. I can understand your reluctance to part with your spare, but would you consider this offer; $200 for your spare BUT once it arrives I'll also send you my shock in current state which you can rebuild at your leisure. You can either keep my shock as your new spare at that point, or if it isn't quite as nice as the one you've sent me (or too worn to be a rebuild candidate) I will gladly do the swap again after the Finke (shipping at cost to me of course). Let me know what you think!

Also, what is a TTX?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

From above it sounds like the lengths, shock body and reservoir will be different between our models.

TTX is Ohlins flash model. I can't remember how much I paid for it.. nor do I think I really want to.. Hahah.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrt1200 View Post
Enduropro has a used shock for sale and they are saying from 96-11 are the same?? There are some on Ebay as well.

http://www.enduropuro.it/shop/en/use...gas-96-11.html
Thanks! I sent them a message requesting the length

Tags
ec250, shock, suspension