Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:12 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you for the welcome. I think we should start an over 70 off the road annual ridding group.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:49 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwind15 View Post
Hey guys,

I am a 69 year old dirt guy from North Carolina presently in Alabama. I rode competitively in Moto-x back in the 70's and did some ISDT and cross country after that. I will be picking up a 2019 ec300 on Monday. My last bike was a WR450 Yamaha and have been thinking of trying a European bike after riding Yamaha's exclusively for years. I looked at Beta and Sherco before deciding on the Gasgas. What really intrigued me is the riders and the loyalty to the brand.

Thank you all for posting and making this new venture exciting for an old guy.
welcome ... you should start a new thread ... something along the lines of:
my birth certificate says 69, but every weekend i feel like i'm 17 again (until I have to get out my truck again)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome. I think we should start an over 70 off the road annual ridding group.
I hook up with some friends from Ohio once a year for a annual ride they do in Michigan, which is mostly late 60's to '80 .

RB
Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
I hook up with some friends from Ohio once a year for a annual ride they do in Michigan, which is mostly late 60's to '80 .

RB
Can a new guy hook up with the group?
Old 06-18-2019, 03:22 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
only if he promises to phone the next day ...
Old 06-18-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard about this year yet, but if (when)I do, I'll give you a shout.

Warning: It's mostly Orange bikes.

RB
Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 AM

Hello!!
Before anything else, English it?s not my first language but gonna try to keep mistakes to a minimum...

Another happy owner of a 2013 Gasgas 300Racing, living in Portugal.
And the playground for me and friends, are the trails of Extreme XL Lagares, part of WESS competicion. So you can guess that Hard enduro is what makes us smile!!

Hope to help with any knowledge i have and learn even more with all of you guys!

Cheers to everyone!!
Old 06-25-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_pt View Post
Hello!!
Before anything else, English it?s not my first language but gonna try to keep mistakes to a minimum...

Another happy owner of a 2013 Gasgas 300Racing, living in Portugal.
And the playground for me and friends, are the trails of Extreme XL Lagares, part of WESS competicion. So you can guess that Hard enduro is what makes us smile!!

Hope to help with any knowledge i have and learn even more with all of you guys!

Cheers to everyone!!
Hello and welcome to the club.
English isn't my first language either, as I am Norwegian. But people here are friendly, so we manage.

I have visited your part of the world 5 years in a row now, as a truck driver and mechanic for the Norwegian extreme riders. The two first years, they did the European Extreme cup, and the Portogese round was the Valongo Extreme race. The three last years they have participated in the Extreme XL Lagares. Great fun! Very friendly people, a nice place, and a hard race.
I hope I will come back more years.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Default New guy intro

Hi guys-
I'm a new GasGas owner. Been a Honda guy all my life (57 years), and have owned a couple of the orange brand (never liked 'em much). My friends tried to shove an orange 300 down my throat after giving me crap about my 16-year-old kick-start CR250, 12 year old CRF450x, and 18-year-old XR650R's. I resisted, partly to spite them, and partly because I just couldn't make myself buy an orange bike!

So, I found my new (to me) '18 GG EC300 at what I thought was a fair price. It had 34 hours on it when I bought it-- all in Chile at the '18 ISDE. The bike was updated with a different head, ECU, much larger battery, wiring upgrades, jetting, suspension, Rekluse clutch cover, SXS skid plate, DDS sprocket, etc., and came with a bunch of spare parts (radiators, levers, brake pedal, shifter, brake rotors & pads, footpegs, etc.-- all new). It was jetted for the moto test on Day 6, right at sea level.

The bike is still very new to me. I've only put another 15 hours on the bike-- all very slow, technical, stuff. Still getting it dialed in & set up for me, but so far I really like it! Love the brand loyalty and GG "brotherhood" on this site.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:04 AM

Default Welcome

Really loyal bunch here. I came off years of riding Yamaha and decided to try a European brand. I debated between Beta, Sherco and Gasgas. I too found a like new used Gasgas and bought it based on my readings and not have even ridden one. I have to say it is a different animal than my WR450 Yamaha but at sixty nine years old I find it to be just what I needed to continue my dirt riding. Super low end and midrange. A very forgiving well handling bike of quality.

Good choice my friend keep riding.

Steve