Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:12 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default So, . . . Are we living in a time warp?

I know I have been.

I love my 07 300. I'm 5'8 and the 7/8 size of the older model suits me great.

I've put revalved YZ SSS forks on and a near new 17 carb and low mileage caliper. I have a spare g.box and clutch just in case.

But I'm getting older and one day I'd like a Leccy start button. Heck I might buy a new bike one day. Seat Concepts and shortened shock/Forks means I can keep reasonable suspension components and maybe still be able to ride it.

We dont have dealer yet in NZ. But do I buy a Reiju?

Rambling start, but back to the point.

Does this forum embrace the change? Does it become GG/Reiju forum?

I don't think GG owners feel comfortable as KTM clones.

Certainly not my decision but would like to hear others and more importantly Jeff's thoughts on the future.

'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)

Last edited by (F5); 07-23-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:39 AM

My thoughts:
I had a 2014 EC300, loved it. It served me very well for 6 seasons. It was little tall for me though, so I lowered it the hack way. As I was preparing for a new bike I was faced with a similar decision.... Reiju? Red KTM? Beta? Sherco?

Ultimately, I chose a 21 Beta 300RR. Here's how I made my decision:
-I refuse to ride a KTM, clone or not.
-Beta has the lowest stock seat height of the full size 300 enduro's.
-Bea 300 engine had a reputation for smooth torque based power.
-Beta dealer proximity for me in western Canada was much better than Reiju and Sherco.
-From what I see, aftermarket part support is very good for Beta. More so than the other "boutique" brands?

Now for results:
-My RR is an amazing bike, love every minute of it. Smooth usable power right from the basement up.
-The cockpit of the RR is small feeling when on the pegs riding, makes the whole bike feel very small and light.
-with just a little tweak to sag and fork height I was able to make the RR feel as low to the ground as I need it to be. Suspension works very well for me (aggressive riding on tight, steep, and technical ST).

As for Reiju, I applaud their progress, and love what they have done. It's a horrible shame that we have lost so many great bike brands over the last bunch of years. This feeds my hate for KTM as they buy and eliminate brands.
I commend anyone who supports any brand other than KTM lol.
Excited to see what Triumph / RC comes up with for enduro bikes!!!
Old 07-22-2021, 03:34 PM

I've owned a Beta before. It was an 89, aircooled TR34 Trials bike. Replaced by a Gasgas which was leagues better (and way newer to be fair) but it got me on GG bandwagon and I replaced the trusty KDX with an 02 EC200.

Well I almost could have bought a KTM last week. An 890 DukeR street bike. It was awesome. I had to pretend it was a different brand than the dirtbikes on the other side of the shop. But I bought a 765 Triumph instead. Taking day off to pick it up today. First ever new bike.

Had 6 months off dirtbike as 5 ribs have been painfully slow to heal. Just about there. Watch out for wet grass downhills.
So maybe next year I might be able to justify a dirtbike upgrade with proceeds from old roadbike, some saving till then and whatever I can get from a 15 year old 300.

But irrespective of my ramblings I was wondering how this great resource will progress. Forums have been overtaken by Farcebook but they really are a better medium for info transfer, problem solving etc.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
Old 07-22-2021, 03:47 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I think a lot of us have ridden through the dirtbike revolution and know how far dirt bikes have come (when i think back to the suspension on my 82 XR200 - most of my bike scars are attributed to that bike, and my first "dirt bike" an 82 50cc honda roadpal scooter lol) it is hard to find a bad bike now days

but it would be nice for this forum to branch out and maintain purpose, otherwise it will eventually grind to a halt i suspect. new "gas gas' riders that visit the forum realise pretty quickly that they will get more help from ktmtalk etc
Old 07-22-2021, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=(F5)Forums have been overtaken by Farcebook but they really are a better medium for info transfer, problem solving etc.[/QUOTE]

100% agree! Forums seem to have a more mature member base than FB, and more valid / technical information is tossed around.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:34 PM
Administrator

This forum will be re-titled to something like "GasGas Classic + Rieju Rider's Club"...

I don't see it ever catering to the folks who want to buy a red ktm with a gasgas decal on it....

I have the domain name registered for "riejurider.org"...

jeff
Old 07-22-2021, 07:21 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
This forum will be re-titled to something like "GasGas Classic + Rieju Rider's Club"...

I don't see it ever catering to the folks who want to buy a red ktm with a gasgas decal on it....

jeff
I will probably go to a Rieju in the near future.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 07-23-2021, 11:11 AM

I have no interest in facepuke either. Forums are perfect for technical information. I've been hoping electrics will progress enough to be viable as a dirtbike, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. There are however some very good choices when it comes to electric street machines. This video on electric unicycles is interesting. Showed them working fairly well on smooth bicycle trails. Downhill obstacles go OK; uphill is a different story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cegAEhlgw
Old 07-23-2021, 11:14 AM

A Rieju and Classic GasGas Forum should work well together.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

jeff
AAnnnd. . . . That's the answer I was hoping to hear.

Good on ya.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki