GasGas Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   GasGas Riders Club Forum > GasGas Trials Technical Forums > Trials Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Trials Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:02 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Jetting

Anyone have suggestions on jetting the TXT280? Obviously my question lies around the pilot circuit. Thinking about going up one size, hopefully to make it easier to start.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:12 AM

My TXT 280 Pro 2002 has stock jetting except I needed to richen the choke jet.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM

Where can you get jetting tables for these bikes?

KTM manual comes full of info for each bike/engine/carb type..... big matrix of data. GG manual just says..... this is the idle and A/F screw....!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Where can you get jetting tables for these bikes?

KTM manual comes full of info for each bike/engine/carb type..... big matrix of data. GG manual just says..... this is the idle and A/F screw....!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel your pain, trust me I do. Mostly because I can remember a time not long ago, when I was apologizing on behalf of the orange company for not having the info that all the Japanese brands offered.

GasGas is finally under the right ownership, and the right management to make things happen in the terms of aftersales. Example, look at the new enduro manuals. They now have jetting recommendations.

As for why the TXT line doesn't have the same, I have not a clue but rest assured the factory is aware of the short comings of the past and are working hard to resolve them. In the meantime, I would suggest contacting one of our trials dealers if you need help in jetting the bike. Guys like Stuart at Jacks Cycles, or Adrian Lewis at Lewisport Cycles. Jim Fox at Foxs Trials Barn would be another great source.

Lastly, whatever I can do to assist you, drop me a PM here and I will do what I can!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:34 AM

Depends on the bike somewhat (most have Delorto carbs, some have PWK) and how good the clutch release is. If the clutch drags you have to take that into account when picking a pilot to some degree (your idle will need to be higher to compensate for the drag).

On my wife's 125 txt we run a 38 pilot, seem to remember running a 40 on my 280. Air and altitude have an affect, we ride from 50 to 8000ft depending on the event so there has to be some give in your jetting.

The Delorto's aren't as finicky as the PWKs and will run OK even when they are pretty out of tune. The air filter for the txt is TINY so make sure to clean/change it VERY often, a dirty filter messes up the pilot circuit. Also check you muffler packing, since you idle so much in trials it can load up. The air boots on either side of the carbs are notorious for not sealing quite right so make sure you don't have a leak. Lastly some of the bikes have a carb spacer at the jug, some don't. This will affect torque slightly due to the longer intake track but also puts the carb just off the case. Without the spacer the float bowl can hit the case causing wear and a bad seal at the intake horn.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:43 PM

Dellorto should have 38/40 pilot and main should be around 114----that will be good from sea level to about 7000ft----if its kehien you will need around 48/50 pilot and a 115/118 main.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:21 PM

Default '17 300 TXT jetting

My 300 fouls the plug after about 5 hours. Does anyone have a pilot jet recommendation?
I ride at 4000ASL. My dealer told me the PJ is 45. I'm not sure how many steps I should go down. I'm thinking a 43ish may be a good start to narrow it.
Comments?

Garrett