Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Canada

Old 08-12-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Tree Hugger Harescrambles - August 20th

Hey guys,
Next weekend my club is holding our annual harescrambles course at the Kootenay Motocross Track www.kootenaymx.com- Don't be fooled by it being at a motocross track - we have 1000 acres of dense forest on the side of a mountain for our harescrambles loop.

We've been working really hard to improve the course from last year. The entire course has been widened so you can actually get out of first gear from time to time. I can actually ride about 70% of the course in 2nd or higher gear. The course is typical Kootenay trails - tight trees, rough ground with a little bit of everything from roots to rocks to mud to sand and more. It's been raining a bit the last few days so if we get a little more rain we'll use the motocross track (prepped and groomed with new improved dirt) otherwise we'll just make a gnarly trail beside the track to connect the loop.

The race is part of the PNWMA Offroad series and a poster and more info can be found on the PN website at www.pnwma.com

The track is located on the South/East side of the Bombi summit on Highway 3 between Castlegar and Salmo. Camping is available all weekend by donation, but no camp fires as the fire hazard is pretty high. There is no entrance fee for the weekend but you must sign a waiver (regardless of riding or not). Entry fee is $40 canadian including a SWEET TREEHUGGER T-SHIRT! The first place trophies this year are also really cool this year so bring your race face this weekend. Pre-riding the course is allowed on Saturday and maybe Sunday morning. There is a small creek at the track but it is recommended to bring water with you. There are outhouses at the track.

Hope to see a few Gassers come out as they're pretty rare around here (I'm the only one in the Kootenays). If you have any questions, give me a shout or call the contacts on the poster.

Steve

Last edited by webmaster; 08-12-2006 at 11:59 PM. Reason: fix broken links...

Old 08-12-2006, 10:25 PM

Here's a few pictures from the course.