Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Been wanting to do the hancock ride ...
signed up for the noblewoods enduro this year ...
It's only forty minutes away.
My first ever enduro .... should be interesting!!
Doubt I'll have enough in me to ride sunday too ...
maybe, but I doubt it ...

Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 PM

We only get to do one ride in catawissa a year,, sadly as its a good ride.. I will make it to hancock one of these years.. Gelnn good luck on tuesday,, had my knee and lower back MRI done early this am.. get the good/bad next week sometime..
Just wish I was back on a bike by now, or at least back at work,, never thought I'd say that,,
Have fun this weekend and stay safe!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Good luck Steve...and you too Glenn.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM

Glenn/Steve - No more talk of injuries. Don't need to jinx myself. Hope both you guys heal up soon though. I might organize another Gas Gas ride in the fall.

I do agree with Glenn about having more power at the QR. I've ridden it on both a 250 and a 300. Even though I didn't have any problems with the hills on the 250, the 300 just climed everything easier/faster. Although I do remember passing a couple guys on BMW adventure bikes who were struggling to get up one of the easier hills. All the power in the world doesn't mean squat if you can't get it to the ground. The guy I'm going with has a 125 Husky which might have some issues. He's debating throwing a trials tire on back right now.

I've been taking it easy this year. Doing a lot more family activities and just going on fun rides with friends. Did a ~50-mile ride out of Manchester, VT last month. Plenty of long climbs and washed out trails which was good practice for the QR.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 AM

A good trials tire is the bomb in Hancock. Mitas or Dunlop are better for the road sections. I rode my brother's TE450 at the '07 Kamuggamugga ride, with a trials tire. It flattened the hills with the front end floating a few inches off the trail, you had to be real carefull. The extra weight made it a good higher speed rock bike too. At the QR a few months later I had my '07 EC250 and it was pinned on some of the smoother hills. A 300 would have been perfect.

Bill have fun and I'll look for you if I head up on a road ride. Missed you at the Black Fly, I just went for Sat where my kid rode PeeWee.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Missed you at the Black Fly, I just went for Sat where my kid rode PeeWee.
I was there, but probably out in the woods sacrificing blood to the mosquitos. Hope your son had fun at the PeeWee. My oldest may ride it next year.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM

He was the smallest kid there by far, on a PW50. My wife and I both thought that after crashing on the parade lap and getting back last he would not want to ride, but he did and finnished, I think ahead of a couple other kids. He was doing real well for awhile and then hit something tearing the pipe off the bike, which then ran like crap and stalled a lot. He had a tough no quit attitude though I was proud of. We will probably go to Somers CT and if he's still interested then a new bike for next year.

You guys ran an excellent event for the kids, I was very pleased with how things went.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Keep me in mind when you get ready to upgrade unless the PW is earmarked for a family member. My boy is probably too big for a PW50, but he needs to start somewhere and I'd rather he start with something less intimidating. Plus I have two more coming up behind him, so it won't be a one-season then pass along bike. I already upgraded him to a bicycle with hand brakes this year.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:10 AM

I was headed up there yesterday for some backroad fun and to meet up with some of my friends who were there. Got to Narrowsburg on #97 and between the rain and traffic it was just not fun anymore so I turned the Hyper to clearer skies. Carved it up for over 150 miles. Hope you had fun Bill, and you get first dibs on the PW.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 PM

We had bad storms early in the am in Catawissa,, then just as the adult race was in the last lap,, heavy rain and hail,, always fun.. 220 adult racers.. new record for our race..