Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM

It's tight as hell in there but I had no problem getting out of the way for others. I'd just cut a corner and stop there for a second. I only had 2 guys fail to yield. One was a pita and I ended up taking a risky shot off course to get by him. I was pissed. You can get hurt bad in there.
The other held me up for about a 1/2 mile and then he suddenly got a rythym going and we ran a good pace 'til the next check.
Great day. No stoppers and no traffic jams.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
... I ended up taking a risky shot off course to get by him. I was pissed. You can get hurt bad in there.
I didn't think it was that bad taking a "creative" line. Most of the small stuff would just deflect out of the way. Up to a certain diameter it had plenty of give. Taking creative lines at a NETRA enduro is a lot riskier due to all the hidden rocks. I ran a set of mini bars and cut them down to 30" barkbuster to barkbuster. More than once I clipped trees on both sides.

In one section I was following this guy who would sprint away from me when the trail opened up, but slowed way down in the tight stuff. He kept diving to the inside on corners and clipping trees. Taking the outside line allowed you to lean the bike over and get on the gas without clipping anything.

Can't believe how little wear there was on my rear tire. I mounted up a fresh knobby and it still looks good. Now I gotta put the Trellies back on.

Thinking about going down to the Stump Jumper Enduro on 4/29. Any plans on riding that one?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 AM

If I get my bike in time, get it set up and broken in, I'll be there. Stumpjumper is usually tougher than Sandy Lane. Long tight jersey shredding morning loop, and faster whooped out firecuts in the afternoon. The long deep sand whoop sections suck with rock tuned suspension, I'd rather thread the needle through the trees.

Pine Hill in May was always an easier run that let you work on timekeeping. New trail boss last year made it a whooped out killer.

You can run the same tire for many south Jersey enduros, and pipes and pegs rarely get bent. Chains, sprockets, and all the pivot points are what take a beating from the sand if you ride there a lot. Plastic can get torn off in the stick farms as well. Notice the rad grills on the trail?