Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Default Multi-Switch dis assembly question

I have a 2011 EC250 electic start. The knob on the top of the large multi funtion switch doesn't index as it should. It spins without "clicking" into position for starting, low beam or high beam. All the funtions work, I just have to spin it way past the indicated spot and then try to find the place where the lights will come on.

I probably broke it playing with it when I first bought the bike. How do I get the switch apart to see what the problem is? I took the switch off the bars so it's in two halves, but don't see how to get the moveable knob on the top apart.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 AM

My switch was the same way. The headlight switch ring felt really creepy and would rotate past where it should stop. I wiggled the knob off to have a look since I figured it was bad anyway. The knob has a tube extension that slips down around the fixed center stem and engages into the contact shoe. The tube extension is unbelieveably dainty and was cracked. Probably unrelated, but my high beam filament was burned out too.

The whole switch needs to be replaced as I doubt the switch ring would be available as a separate part. Even if available, it would be tricky to engage correctly. There is no easy way to fix it.

Time to visit your dealer. The headlight switch is the only thing so far that I've found on the bike that is poor quality.