Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 AM

Default 450fsr runs like crap, need help

I recently purchased a new 07 fsr450. Very pleased with it until yesterday. I was out on the trails with it and it started to run rich and load up with gas, was smoking black like crazy, wouldn't idle and would only go if I really was giving 'er. Then it seemed to lean out and would only idle, if I tried to give it gas it would stall no matter how I tried to feather it. Pushed it out of the trail to the road, loaded on a truck and took it home. Now it won't start at all. I pulled the plug and it was dry but black so I cleaned it and still no go. 4 weeks ago when I bought the bike I took all the electrical connections apart and put dilectric grease in all of them because I heard that they can corrode leading to these type of symptoms but since I already did this I am assuming it is not this. I will be picking up a new spark plug today but failing that, I am stumped. This bike has less than 1000kms and is fuel injected so I thought I was done of this running rich/lean confusion that a carb brings. Any body that has had this problem please let me know what you came up with. The bike is still warrantied but the dealer is 3hrs away so, without a truck, I would like to be able to fix it myself. Many thanks in advance

Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

If it is still under warranty I'd be calling the dealer first before getting into it.

If you're gonna try things yourself...(which might void warranty). See if you have spark first. (with a new plug) Make sure your fuel is actually getting to the carb, and check to see if you have compression.
If all that checks out and it still won't fire I'd call your dealer. JMO.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The easiest way to figure out what is going on is to get it connected to a pc with the diagnostic software from Technoresearch, VDST. One of the sensors must have been disconnected, shorted or failing otherwise.