Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Guided trail ride

I'm offering to do a guided trail ride. Name your place and I'll tell you if I know the area. I know lots of cool stuff in Oregon. I'll even take you on a killer hiking trail. Totally legal too. We can hit up two hiking trails in one day.

Here's why: I'll be asking for a minimum $50 donation to help pay for my neice who needs surgery on her heart. Her name is Thao (pronounced Thao ), she lives in Vietnam with my brother in law and his family. Medical care in Vietnam is not like here, but it sure is inexpensive. The surgery would be $10000 in the U.S., but insurance would pay for most of it. In Vietnam, you just pay. The surgery is $3000. Any donation I receive would go directly to help pay for this surgery. Plus We would all get a nice trail ride out of the deal.

Details on her situation are as follows. She lives in a small, primitive village in the Quang Tri Province, near the coast. They are six hours from Ho Chi Minh City where the hospital is that can perform her procedure. She is housed there right now, but is in danger of being sent home until there's money to pay. I'm only throwing this out there just in case someone is interested. Money is tight, but I want to help. This is my way of thinking outside the box.

P.M. me if interested.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 11-18-2010, 04:48 AM

Do you have a PP account set up? for this kind of thing they can set one up that will wave the fees..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Mike.....

If I was closer, and the holidays were not so close, I'd be north bound in a heartbeat!!!

For anyone interested or have the spare time to make a road trip, you better take Mike up on his offer. I have had the chance of a two day guided ride and it was the one of the best, if not the best riding I have ever done!

Don't let this pass by!

Mike.....good luck in your endover and I hope all works out well for the family!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks Rick! I do have a paypal accoumt set up. glouglou@juno.com

You can select "donation" or even "money owed" and there are no payal fees for doing so.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM

Mike,

Sounds like a great offer!

PM to follow.

Eric
Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Update: Thao had surgery two days ago as I was getting the word out. She is in Intensive care, and may possibly need another surgery. We are very happy about this, there was enough money to get her in there, so we're hoping all goes well, and we can come up with enough to take care of the rest of the bill. Looks like we're well on our way.

Thank you all for caring. I wish I had asked this first, but we would all appreciate your prayers for Thao and her family. Her dad, my brother in law (Phouc) is running himself ragged trying to keep everything together. He travels from home to the hospital every day on his scooter! It's 14 hours round trip. Yikes!! Too bad it's not a SM610, the trip would be much faster, but in Vietnam a scooter is the family car.
OMRA #21AA
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs