Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 AM

Default Back Yards Skills

My wife and I are about to have a baby (okay well she has all of the hard work I just stand there and try to stay conscious). Anyway I am not planning on riding that often as we will be spending most of the time at home enjoying our new addition to the family. I would like to use this as an opportunity to improve my riding balance and technical skills in my back yard. I have 1/2 an acre to use for this and it is along a riverbank that is somewhat cleaned up. I am thinking of setting up some sort of technical very mini endurocross course. Any cheap advice on how to go about it? I am also interested in hearing some of the drills you guys do to improve balance. I have done a search and read some really good stuff such as full lock turns and using cones. The main area of riding I would like to improve is I need to stand up and stop putting my feet down. A drill that would help improve this would be great.

Thanks

"is the bike ok" "(groannnnnnnnnnnn)" "no seriusly is it ok?????" "crap the shrouds cracked"