Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Default ECU for 450 fse

I'm not sure what the issue with my bike is. I would like to take the ECU out of the running . My request is for an owner of a 450 fse in North America.
Will you let me ship you my ECU and try it on your bike and see if it starts?
If it does I can start looking at other electrical gremlins, if it doesn't then I know my ECU is the issue.
PM me please.
Thanks, Vinny
Austin, tx.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:25 PM

I sent a couple of PM to riders I saw had 450 fse around my year. I have one reply. Mailing ECU to him to see. I hope it's ok and its something else electrical that is the issue.
Vinny
Old 07-21-2014, 03:12 AM

Default ECU not at fault

Well, bike is running again. It wasn't the ECU. just needed lots of cleaning and it now runs great. Tuff bikes.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Vinny, I am glad to hear you got the problem sorted out... Care to share what it was ? So those of us other folks can learn from it! I am happy you found the problem and are riding again... Without dropping $$$$ on a new ECU. Glad to hear a success story!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:37 AM

While riding hard at a park in Texas, I fell trying to avoid a muddy hole. The bike went in the hole anyway and it swallowed muddy water till it died (rekluse) and I hit a tree and broke 3 ribs.
We stood the bike up and water poured out the exhaust. It wouldn't start. Took it home, opened the top end and cleaned it with alcohol and air pressure. Removed the exhaust pipe. Changed the milky oil. Checked if it had spark and it did. It wouldn't start. Waited a week. Checked for spark and we didn't have any. Thought maybe I fried the ECU from all the starting attempts. Received an ECU from a friend and it wouldn't start either. Finally gave up after a couple of weekends of diagnostic.
As a last resort I took it to a mechanic friend of mine.
He spent a couple of hours trying to start it. Put 3 batteries on it and it finally started to have signs of life. He called a few days later and said he could get it started on a regular basis.
It has been starting ever since. I'm now changing all the fluids, repacking the muffler too. I'm going to ride it and change the oil a couple of times next week. We hope no dirt is in the bottom end.
Wish me luck.