Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Will Skidad Ever buy a gasser?
Yes He Will 20 68.97%
No He Will Not 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM

I'm sure he has seen the light......now if he could get the stars lined up

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 05-20-2008, 11:15 AM

Talking

Robby just saw this its pretty funny.

In Skidad's defense I beleive $$ is the issue as he has had nothing but good things to say about this site and what he has learned here on KTMTalk.

Skidad, right now a nice used '05+ GG is probably the best bang/buck in the dirt bike world. It sucks for the guys selling right now but you can seize this opportunity while it exists. On the flip side, that 625 might come in handy this summer with gas at $4/gal.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
he has had nothing but good things to say about this site

that 625 might come in handy this summer with gas at $4/gal.
Both very true!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:58 AM

You could also try selling it at Advrider.com.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Robby just saw this its pretty funny.

In Skidad's defense I beleive $$ is the issue as he has had nothing but good things to say about this site and what he has learned here on KTMTalk.

Skidad, right now a nice used '05+ GG is probably the best bang/buck in the dirt bike world. It sucks for the guys selling right now but you can seize this opportunity while it exists. On the flip side, that 625 might come in handy this summer with gas at $4/gal.
It's all good Glenn. I was just having some fun and hope that nobody including skidad took offense to this. We are all like a family here so I thought it would be okay to razz him like I do some others on here.

Robby
USS (Ultimate Shit Starter)
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Bottom line it is a money issue I refuse to take out a loan as I just get by now although I have a VERY nice friend who would front me the money if I wanted

I would prefer an 07 model 250 or 300 with the newer subframe (although to be honest I like the look of the 06 and earlier models better). A nice condition 06 would be tempting as well.

It nearly killed me to pass on the leftover 07 bikes that Ron at Dirt World Cycles was selling. Absolute smoking deals those guys got who bought them. It also makes me laugh at what some dealers want for new leftover 05 and 06 bikes. Just stupid, they will never sell them.

I know Gas Gas has had some rather difficult times here in the US but it pisses me off the bikes don't get more respect. I have read enough to know how good they are. I don't even own one and I find I have to defend them to the...um...orange crowd. Bottom line is I want one and at some point it will happen and until then perhaps I will just lay low and lurk here.

The consensus on KTM Talk is my 625 dual sport would fetch about $5,000 (easily enough for a decent used bike). That's what I payed for it 2 years ago but it has lots of goodies now. I'm VERY torn about selling it because my 2 youngest kids want to do dual sport rides with me. I can't put a price on that really. Very special time for a 10 and 13 year old now that the ex gave the ok. Last fall I took the then 12 YO on an 80 mile ride in the rain (pouring at times) up at the Ammo turkey run in NH. It was a special unadvertised dual sport course with many parts of the regualr turkey run mixed in as well. He had NEVER EVER been on a motorcycle until that weekend. Even after 80 miles in the rain and cold he was ALL grins for days. We made it over 75 miles before falling 2 times in the last 5 miles. Many actually quit the turkey run because with all the rain an easy ride became very difficult.

Also, like GMP said with gas now at $4.00 a gallon or more it may start to get allot more use for little errands and such. I'll decide soon if I'm going to sell it.

NHrider...that super clean 200 in Maine is long gone by the way. I asked. Keep em coming...thanks

Skidad in MA
Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Last fall I took the then 12 YO on an 80 mile ride in the rain (pouring at times) up at the Ammo turkey run in NH. It was a special unadvertised dual sport course with many parts of the regualr turkey run mixed in as well. He had NEVER EVER been on a motorcycle until that weekend. Even after 80 miles in the rain and cold he was ALL grins for days. We made it over 75 miles before falling 2 times in the last 5 miles. Many actually quit the turkey run because with all the rain an easy ride became very difficult.
we did that ride with a newbie on my old 200,it just keeps coming around the circel,anyway he made the entire ride which was great as well considering the weather,many guys bailed way before the gas stop,I was all set to bail at gas,but he wanted to keep riding and finish it,we are trying to get him to enter an enduro as he will do great in the novice class
Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM

Never get yourself into a something you can't get out of. Better be safe than sorry in times like these.

That sucks about that 200...but here are two more
http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=288528
http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=285688
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM

We all know its in fun and wish Skidad luck in getting a GG. I'm a USS and a ball buster too but as a mod I have to play it cool.

Robby has free rein until he pisses someone off bad enough that they complain, then we take a poll on whether to stop him or not.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Robby has free rein until he pisses someone off bad enough that they complain, then we take a poll on whether to stop him or not.
You Can't Stop Me! (Running into a dark corner laughing)