Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default Wtf???

Something in the air lately. The forum has a become a cesspool of negativity lately. I'm scared to look at any new posts??

Old 05-14-2013, 05:33 PM

While I always try to keep things positive, if sugar coated too much no one learns anything and nothing improves, and we look like the orange site. Don't you think? Why I don't condone whining about every little problem, there are issues that have come to a head. We have a good guy supporting us as he can but he can't do it all. I hope the factory guys read some of this, step up, and solve the problems, and not only the technical specific ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM

If Gas Gas had even a fraction of all the issues KTM has had over the last few years it'd be in receivership by now.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM

I had some major issues with my 12 dealt with my dealer, and Clay. I can only can say they did right by me. The 13 is a much improved bike, some minor things to sort through. When it works it works thats why I keep the faith. After being on the 4stk for the last couple of rides I can wait to see what I can do with with the 300. Many of the problems that are being talked about I have had and then some.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM

If i buy a new bike and on initial breakin nothing goes wrong or i havent fixed a few things on a bike via forums, dealer, buddy etc i dont feel right. If u ride them the way there ment to be ridden stuff will break. Too many moving parts and possibilitys for wear and tear. A new bike needs the snot ridden out of it before it ever hits a race or major backwoods trailride. I purposly buy lightly used bikes for this reason, and it saves me a ton of money. Clay does a hell of a job and is a real dude and he flat kicks my ass at the enduros. Theres enough info and reads on here that if you have a small or major problem someone else has had it. Example, my lower shock bolt stripped out, got info and other members feedback quickly. Ive really thought about doing the smoker beta or sherco but if something happens to it your on your own more or less. Im waiting on another gasser but with direct injection, until then im going to put another 100hrs on my 11.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 PM

This place is depressing lately.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Forums are for resolving issue and making improvements. Tends to not be much chatter if things are going well.

If we didn't have something to complain about what we talk about the weather?

We would all be out riding!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 PM

I am relative Gas Gas noob and I was really excited about getting my 2010 EC250 and finding this forum to learn about it. But most of the posts seem negative, kind of a bummer. I've belonged to other bike specific forums and they acknowledge problems and how to deal with them. This forum seems to take a different approach haha.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I think its just the weather.. Theres been a few negative posts and a few issues with parts delays/costs associated with the newer models. Things the factory should be onto, and hopefully will be. From my perspective they have always worked towards improving the product they have and what I see as the cause for Glenns thoughts, are that the issues in question (poor subframe design, and shoddy waterpump impellors) are issues that were resolved and are now reoccurring. Its a step backwards, as is this whole sealed main bearing setup. These all result in major repair bills when they let go and wipe out much more than whats acceptable. Couple that up with some other small things like the large tolerances in head clearance and powervalve setup and you can start to see where improvements could easily be made. We can pick flaws with every brand of bike though, and in general the discussion over here is unlike any other forum I have been to. I love that you can ask a technical question and get a technical reply or several without any clowns chiming in with shallow unrelated replies. Everyone here is down to earth and only wants whats best for the brand, regardless of if what we're discussing is positive, or in the case of late, negative. Its a top source of information, and we're lucky enough to be backed by such good businesses, dealers, and importers who are always willing to help out where they can. I'll be keeping my gasser for a few more years yet. I've had as good a run out of it as I have any other bike. I love the way it rides. I also hope the factory reads some of this and brings better things for 2014-15.

/end epic rant
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Default I'm still loving my spanish girlfreind

I've got an 11 ec300 ( thanks scott and rob ) It is exactly what I wanted in an enduro bike. Makes me smile just to look at it.