Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2020, 12:14 PM

Default New to me ‘97 EC250

Hi all. New to the forum and to Gas Gas and to 2 strokes. So far I’m very happy with my new purchase. I only got to ride it once though as the clutch gave up on the 2nd day. Got some great advice on advrider and I don’t think it’ll be tough to fix. Got some questions for you all though.
What’s the crossover on advice on here for newer EC250/300s? Looking at a clutch thread for swapping the cr250 clutch and also a jetting thread I see a lot of newer bikes than mine mentioned. Love to know what changed when. Also just standard talk about oils and air filters etc. 1997s don’t get much mention so if the advice for newer bikes applies I’ll be happy to hear that.
I found a manual on here that looks like it could be for older EC250/300 but there’s no year range indicated on it anywhere. I have a 1997 owners manual coming in the mail. Hopefully that’ll have some info in it.
Love the bike! Hoping I can get some info to enjoy working on it. I’ll chat with TheLetterJ on advrider as well as he’s been super helpful but figured I’d get acquainted with you all.