Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:24 AM

Yeah all the bearings where the same although I did source them all locally due to delivery reasons but did double check the widths and dimensions with a set of calipers.

The crank pin doesnt project out the side of the webs and I have got a reference dimension which is 54.70 for the distance between not sure how correct this is though the rod has movement of .9 with a feeler gauge so can I assume that reference dimension is correct ??

Looking at the parts fiche I literally have only the bearings and seals installed so when I install everything onto the crank could it correct this issue because item 17 is a spacer and when I do the primary nut up would it pull the crank into the bearing and therefore sit where it wants to be ??

I.cant see off any shims missing from the diagram and didnt notice any when I took the bearings out...although that does sound like a solution but the question is how thick should the shins be to correct this alignment?

An idea I was also toying with is maybe get a thin feeler like .01mm if its possible and wrap it around the crank therefore giving it .02mm more on diameter and that should therefore create a very tight fit of the crank on the bearing.....but from my very limited knowledge these could cause all.sorts of problems with clearances when things get hot.

Thanks for the help and advice really appreciate it I'm.just a novice trying to learn new things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200808-075834_Chrome.jpg (76.0 KB, 13 views)

Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Shimming around the shaft does not work. Use loctite to keep the race from spinning on the crank. If the pinion nut draws the crank away from the case (no rubbing) and positions the crank against the bearing, that would be a solution. Does the pinion gear push against a spacer that contacts the bearing race or does the spacer contact a crank shoulder?
Old 08-08-2020, 01:52 PM

From my understanding how it works the spacer pushes against the crank and when you do the nut up it must force the crank to sit into the bearing.

I done this today and all my end play problems disappeared so you where correct when you said something was missing half the engine in my case you have been a great help.

I put this down as a learning curve I thought there was something a lot more serious going on.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:38 PM

That sounds great. My next idea would have been to torque the nut to specs and then measure again, but that is not necessary anymore

Glad you got it fixed!