Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
Appreciate the reply, but can you go and kick them in the balls for ruining Gasgas for me/us? I do hope the parts remain available to the buyers who have kept them employed for years.

It is seriously leaving such a bad taste in my mouth that Ktm are swooping in and destroying a brilliant motorcycle in favour of another jelly mould of a Ktm.
Right with you on this bru!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Old 11-25-2019, 11:04 PM
Site Sponsor

Parts are still available for the Italian Husqvarna's thru KTM/Husqvarna. The tech trainer in Temecula came from the old Husqvarna and provides help for those bikes and they keep the FI scan tool to send to dealers for those bikes. I don't know very much about those bikes but I regularly get parts for some pretty old units.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:24 PM

I think the worry of parts availability is a bit over blown. In the US they are required by law to make and sell parts for a minimum of 10 years. Since Gas Gas has used a lot of same components for so long even the older bikes should still have parts available.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
I think the worry of parts availability is a bit over blown. In the US they are required by law to make and sell parts for a minimum of 10 years. Since Gas Gas has used a lot of same components for so long even the older bikes should still have parts available.
That never happens though! They rely on people getting frustrated & giving up & buying new. They just say it's on backorder continually until they get a decent number of requests then maybe they'll do a run. Who's gonna enforce it anyway?
Parts in Australia weren't great at the best of times
Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg141 View Post
Parts are still available for the Italian Husqvarna's thru KTM/Husqvarna. The tech trainer in Temecula came from the old Husqvarna and provides help for those bikes and they keep the FI scan tool to send to dealers for those bikes. I don't know very much about those bikes but I regularly get parts for some pretty old units.
Indeed a lot of parts are still available but there's plenty of bike stoppers ya can't get any more.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
I hear people say this. Do you have proof of this law? I've never seen it. Also if a company ceases to exist as it was before then I'm not sure its possible. All that to say I have no issues getting parts from the aftermarket for my 20 year old gasgas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

I know in the automotive world, they have to provide parts and service for ten years.
I have never found this to be true.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:29 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
I hear people say this. Do you have proof of this law? I've never seen it. Also if a company ceases to exist as it was before then I'm not sure its possible. All that to say I have no issues getting parts from the aftermarket for my 20 year old gasgas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
i suspect this is the loophole. Probably need to provide 10 years of parts if its still the same company. how do you force a bancrupt company for example to remain open for 10 years. BUT gasgas still exists so maybe not a problem!

Those of you who feel very strongly about this should just stock up on barrels and pistons and other gasgas specific parts as an investment to sell on later
Old 12-19-2019, 09:26 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Interesting GG update from KTM

I see this as the beginning of the end (but I hope that i am wrong): https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-feat...re-tourer.html

The graphic is very strange. https://www.motorcycle.com/blog/wp-c...rtfolio-33.png

File size too big to post.

Going to keep the 300 (i've owned it for 12 years) I hope for a long time.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Even the four strokes have a nice pipe now