Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up GasGas, New Investors

http://www.enduromagazine.com/ktm-y-...ZW58nUn0w2tulo

From Google translate.

KTM and Black Toro Capital create a ?joint venture? to reactivate Gas Gas

The KTM group and Black Toro Capital (BTC) have agreed to create a ?joint venture? for the global launch of the Gas Gas brand, which will allow the production of the Salt (Girona) plant to be expanded. As reported by the investment fund in a statement, the Salt factory will continue, additionally, serving the production of the Torrot electric vehicle. Specifically, KTM has a 60% stake in the new company, while the remaining 40% corresponds to Black Toro, sources close to the fund have reported.
This alliance aims to launch Gas Gas internationally with the development of new models. The collaboration will involve the expansion of the brand catalog under the commercial and technological umbrella of KTM. KTM will also take advantage of the knowledge of the BTC, Gas Gas, Torrot and Muving firms in the electric urban mobility segment.
?It is a great step forward in our Gas Gas consolidation project as a world leader in trial. It allows us to develop a new phase of growth for GasGas, incorporating new motorcycle models with cutting-edge technology and everything, with the best possible partner. The ?joint venture? guarantees a bright future for our brand and for the Girona plant, ?said Ram?n Betolaza, managing partner of BTC.
Source: El Peri?cico

Old 09-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Site Sponsor

Well, its official. KTM has invested into GasGas with Black Toro Capital to separate it from the Contreras management and to get production back running again 100%. There were a couple of offers on the table and while it took a bit longer than expected to finalize the agreement, it has now been announced as a completed deal. This is a COOPERATION between Black Toro and KTM, not an acquisition. What does this mean for GasGas?

#1. GasGas production will remain in Girona with a Spanish style and trials feel to all they produce
#2. GasGas will continue as a separate entity in most regions of the world
#3. GasGas and KTM will share some designs and model development moving forward (more model lines for GasGas).
#4. GasGas parts supply will be improved in time

What does this mean for the USA?

#1. It is still business as usual
#2. All operations will continue as is with units estimated at arrival in December

As I know more, I will continue to inform everyone when I can but to me this is good news for GasGas to move forward and get back to our growth we were experiencing in 2018 and the first half of 2019.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:44 PM

I really hope those slimy Austrians do not weasel their way into the company and turn GasGas into another clone but this time in red.
It will be the greatest shame if they revert back to Wp suspension and a poxy TPI upgrade...
Old 09-26-2019, 05:51 PM

I hope for the best, but personally think we are going to end up with another KTM. What happened to Husaberg, Husqvarna? KTM just bout in to the trials market.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 09-26-2019, 07:13 PM

I'm having a hard time seeing a positive result for the GASGAS faithful in this. Time will tell
Old 09-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Beats the alternative, no more GasGas'.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 PM

I'm very sad right now. While I'll continue to enjoy my '11 GG, I will be seriously considering Beta and Sherco for my next bike. I don't want a red KTM. Besides, I don't see the enduro line living for much longer. They have a 60% stake so that means they're calling the shots. They already have KTM and Husqvarna so they don't need GG for anything other than trials bikes.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 09-27-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
I'm very sad right now. While I'll continue to enjoy my '11 GG, I will be seriously considering Beta and Sherco for my next bike. I don't want a red KTM. Besides, I don't see the enduro line living for much longer. They have a 60% stake so that means they're calling the shots. They already have KTM and Husqvarna so they don't need GG for anything other than trials bikes.
Being one of this above mentioned slimey Austrians I hate to say it, but KTM management are unbelieveable slimey bastards. Not sayin' anything negative about their bikes, just the people behind the brand.

Biggest bike dealer in Austria is a close friend so I have some insight and believe me, these people are f***ing bastards. Remember what happened to Husaberg and Husqvarna. Not a bright future for GasGas...
Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 AM

Mark, thanks for the update. There are many of us who are thankful for your support over the years as well as the support of the team we do not see. For us, this is about dirt bikes. For you it is about a livelihood...and dirt bikes. You have families, health insurance etc etc. I hope and pray you will all be take care of.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 09-27-2019, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
Mark, thanks for the update. There are many of us who are thankful for your support over the years as well as the support of the team we do not see. For us, this is about dirt bikes. For you it is about a livelihood...and dirt bikes. You have families, health insurance etc etc. I hope and pray you will all be take care of.

Matt
Well said!