Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:53 PM

Default 2005 EC300 clutch master cylinder gasket/bladder?

Hi,
I have a 2005 EC300 that needs a new clutch master cylinder cap gasket/bladder. Does anyone know where I might find such an item? I used to order through GoFasters, but it seems as though they are no longer a source for GasGas parts... Thanks!

Old 04-06-2020, 10:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I just ordered one for my bike from motocentergasgas.com. It was $40 for the kit, if i recall. Mine has been fine on my 2002, but one never knows how long it will last, so i ordered a spare. Took about a week for it to arrive.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:22 AM

Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2020, 12:31 AM

Your reply does bring up another thought... what other parts/consumables do you think would be good to order spares of? The context of the question of course being that parts are almost certainly going to dry up at some point in the not too distant future.

Having a spare clutch master cylinder gasket would have never crossed my mind had I not opened it up to check the fluid level and having it disintegrate.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:46 AM

I have a 2002 ec 300. I love this bike. Because of this bike i was able to tour the GG factory. Great memories.

I was concerned when KTM bought (techically, "invested in") GG. I did an exercise where i looked at common "power unit" replacement parts (Rod, piston, main bearings, seals, water pump, gears, shafts, kickstart mechanism, etc.). I had a list of about $1K worth of stuff i thought about buying.

I ended up buying just a clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit, a rear brake pedal (old style discontinued, and mine was sloppy, and the new one looked cool). Basically, through the years, nothing has changed with the engine. I bought my bike used, and the kick starter ratchet mechanism was a bit hosed up. I fixed that in 2007 when i bought the bike. I was concerned about buying a spare, but the 2018 kickstart is the same as the 2002. Water pump looks the same, water pump seal looks the same, etc. Why change what works?

AJP who make the GG slave clutch cylinder went out of business, but GG has another supplier, and that slave cylinder bolts right up to the 2002. I probably didn't need to buy a spare, but i did anyway.

This relieved my worry. With Reiju taking over, i am not going to worry about parts at all.

If i make it through this COVID-19 deal, and actually start riding in the dirt again, and if Mark Berg takes over Reiju distribution in the US, i might even buy a new Reiju. The lack of changes to the engine really illustrate how well done the GG is, and what value GG really provides. Much of what i have in inventory already would work with a new bike, so i'm already stocked with spares.

(Mark Berg running distribution is really a "must have" for me. No Mark, no sale.)
Old 04-08-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post

AJP who make the GG slave clutch cylinder went out of business, but GG has another supplier, and that slave cylinder bolts right up to the 2002.
I bought two slaves last year, one in September and one in December, both for the new 300's (18/19). Both were AJP units.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Interesting. New old stock? Mine is labeled "Braketec." I haven't installed mine, but it looks right. No AJP markings anywhere. I