Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 AM

Default Bike not reving out

I thought I would share my experience with my 2006 ec300.

I took it out a couple of weeks ago and after running well for about an hour it started to not Rev up, bogging, hard to describe. I changed the plug but this made no difference. It was barley rideable so I retared and limped back to the car. I put it down to water as I had been though a small stream.

When I got back i striped the carb, took the cover of the sataor WD in there, also cleaned all the electic connectors I could find. Took it out on the road and it was no better sor the first min and then came good again.

So again put it down to electrical. So I WD the Stator some more and left the cover off for some time and crossed my finger a bit.

So I whent out ageing yesterday and all was good despite some significant water crossings. Then about 2 hours in it started again, then cleared its self. Then bad again. We pulled over I was going to get the stator cover off when some one said, is that some mud in your pipe, I had a look and some of the packing was in the end of the pipe, so I took it out then found a stick and fereted out any more loose packing I could find and low and behold a fully working if a little loud bike.
I am yet to repackage so don't know how this has happend but this would have been the last thing I would have looked at, just lucky it was visible.
One more thing in my list of checks.

Sorry for any bad gramer or spelling, iPad and dislexia not a good combanation.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:19 AM

Exact same thing happened to me, very common fault, problem was, at the same time, my CDI went, which also blew the IGN coil... took forever to figure out! (search 2006 ec300 not revving out).

Glad it's sorted!

BTW, which of these have you owned?

DRZ400
DR650
KDX200
KTM640

because your screen name seems awfully familiar?
2006 EC300 Enduro - Ignitech CDI - 38/NECW#2/165 FMF gnarly, FMF shorty, .50 front 5.7 rear

2016 RM-Z450
Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thank you for sharing. So do I understand correctly that muffler packing plugged up your spark arrestor and choked your bike?

Tags
ec 300 bad running, intermittent bogging, will no rev