Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default A huge thanks to my new 2008 sponsor

Man, I was recently floored by the generosity of a guy I have never met! Someone who I had only talked to on the phone a couple of years ago and have conversed with here on this, all of our favorite motorcycle forums, the Gas Gas Riders club.
A while back as many of you know I posted a thread about Skid plates and what others had found was good for the 07/08 models. How they mounted and any info I could get. Reason being I am very hard on skid plates and have a new 300 on the way. I got some good feed back on the subject with pictures and all kinds of comments. I'm liking it, as I don't want to buy something that's not worthy of my new Gas Gas and my destructive nature.

O.K. now lets back the story up to the guy I had talked with a few years ago. After I had bought a new CRD Skid and turned it into a pretzel, and had another on my new at the time 06 that was already looking like it was about to jump ship I was looking for possible alternatives. I believe he responded to a post that I put in the exotic bikes part of Thumper Talk. Telling me he had the ultimate skid plate give him a call, so I did. I remember ultimately turning him down on the purchase of his plate cause I was gonna try to modify my CRD plate with more attachment points but if it didn't stand up I would call him back. Well it worked and that CRD skid is still on the 06, but is it ever bent and beaten up, those CRD plates aren't very thick gage.

After my recent post on here about skid plates I got a private message, and guess what, it was the same guy trying to help me out again. Not sure if he remembers me from a couple of years ago but after many questions about the Skid plate back and forth. He says PM me your address and there will be no charge. Just give it a review. I'm unsure about fitment to 08 but confident in the quality and am willing to let someone that frequents this board to try one.
I think what he really meant was quit asking me so many darn questions your getting on my nerves just take it, take it!

It is a Mecasystem and I received it today from the UPS guy. It looks stout! I am very impressed with the quality and will be giving it a thorough test and review after I get my bike prepped and some hours on it probably sometime around mid to late March.

But most importantly I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU!!! to my new 2008 Sponsor....

Nick Collin Cycle Pro 775 in Elko Nevada

As I've stated in the past, dirt bikers are the best people and Gas Gas riders take that to the next level!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 PM

Post up some details of the Skid plate and pictures..
So we can have a look at this wonder bling...

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

That's great. Definately give it a write-up because I'm many will want to know how it works!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM

This is a KTM plate but the GG is similar

Skidad in MA
Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 AM

This is a KTM plate but the GG is similar

Here is a link to thier site which is mostly in French. Many of the Gas Gas pics didn't open for me but if you go the the DOCUMENTATIONS section you can open a PDF catalog of all their stuff through 07 and it has the GG stuff and pics also. VERY nice products.

http://www.mecasystem.fr/

Skidad in MA
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDoz View Post
Post up some details of the Skid plate and pictures..
So we can have a look at this wonder bling...
Yep, it is bling! They buffed the side you see to a brilliant shine.

The front T mount is steel not aluminum so it is made to stay put. The rear mount that goes over the frame cross member does face the rear of the machine so plate slide offs are a thing of the past.

Awesome coverage, both sides, bottom its all good. A good thick gage of aluminum is used and the welding is pure art.

I will do a complete test as I stated in my original post in the near future. But in the mean time here is some photos.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 AM

Here are a few more.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The only downside I can see is that you need to remove it to change the oil.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 AM

Nice Now that is a good looking skid plate!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 AM

Just remember the saying BMW riders apply to Harley riders: Chrome won't get you home.

But it's a nice looking unit none the less.

Dale