Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Just checked my late model 2010 Euro EC300. Using the Air Striker II. 38 Printed in the top..

38 Pilot
N3EG #1 (going to change to a N3CH #2 once arrives)
175 Main

Gas Gas have finally got the bikes to a good standard, now they just need to ensure they all come either with some kind of standardised parts/sizes and some quality documentation!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
I suppose it's remotely possible, but somehow I doubt that GasGas would randomly install 36 carbs on some 11's and 38's on others.

I wouldn't doubt it at all! As much as I like a lot about GG this would not surprise me at all. They can be a little chaotic with build quality. Hence the early Sach suspension fiascos.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 AM

My 17 yr. old says our '11 250 6D has a 36mm cast into the carb top. I can't see too well up real close (holding out on the bi-focals). When I do put on the "reading glasses", I see a kind of odd-looking 6 that could be easily mistaken for an 8.

It's a gas hog though. We're consistently getting to the 28 mile marker then "wha, wha, whaa...whaa", we have to switch to reserve. Gonna re-do the jetting for warmer weather (yeah!). Bike runs great! I'll also check the float level although nobody seems to know what the spec is.

If I was losing fuel due to the float being too high, wouldn't somebody smell some gas now and then?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 AM

I dug up a float height for the ASII on KTM Talk of 6.5mm. From Roscoe's description of the float assy I don't know how it would be adjusted though, as the tab does not sound like it could be bent. Could the entire needle valve assy be unscrewed from the carb body, and moved up with a shim washer(s) to adjust spec? If you can take this out of the carb, measure it, take a few pics, I'll find a shim for it. Just a thought.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut View Post
If I was losing fuel due to the float being too high, wouldn't somebody smell some gas now and then?
Nah. What with all the 2 stroke oils smells and that it's dropping out the overflow onto absorbant ground, i.e. mud, sand etc. Could easily be missed if you're not looking for it. The only time I've noticed is on other people's bikes when they've stopped.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM

The new ASII does not have the little brass tabs that you can bend to adjust float height. It's all plastic. I couldn't see any way to adjust it when I had it apart yesterday. I don't really think I have a float height problem 'cause I've never noticed escaping gas unless I was laid over from a crash.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Banned

I adjusted my AS 2, no problem.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:10 PM

Were you using too much gas? What did you find and how did you adjust it?

I didn't measure mine 'cause I wasn't sure what the benchmark is. I eyeballed it. The float center line was lined up with the gasket surface when it made contact with the valve.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

I did it on my friends 010 six days. He was complaining about really bad fuel economy. I had posted up earlier, with an accompanying photo that the spec I had recieved was but unable to coroborate was 6mm. I set his at an arbitrary 8 mm , mine in my new unridin bike the same as well. Due to the inclement weather we have been unable to provide any tangable results. I did however do a side by side comparisin between a AS1 and AS2 float assembly's and found them to be of similar shape and size, with somewhat different float materials being used but the major difference of the assembly's still being the depth of the float bowl's themself.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Widebear,
Please describe how you adjusted the float height on the AS2. Why was the stock height a problem and what benefit did you see with less bowl volume? Did the carb run out of fuel at sustained WOT?