Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2021, 04:26 PM

Yes, I was surprised about the washer and O ring but I checked and they are selling it for a PWK 38 (and others) so who knows?

I did spend some time yesterday and accurately marked 16mm on the carb and lined up the float at 60 degrees and it seems to start, idle and run much better. Note: I refitted the original Keihin slide at the same time and it is obviously much better quality than the (must be a Chinese copy) new one.

Reeds wise, I removed them and to me they looked perfect. Good clean edges and no obvious wear... having said that, this is the first time I have ever seen a "reed"!

I have just found a suitable O ring and fitted it. I have to say it has helped steady the tickover and I left it at idle for a good 10 mins with no issue so seems to help.

Also, I have had a ride on a bit of rough ground (out back) and it feels good. The exhaust has a nice "crackle" (although that may be bad!) It pulls well from low revs and has a real kick when opened up a bit. Good solid idle and starts easy hot or cold.

Subject to a road test, I think it is pretty good and certainly nice to ride.

PS.. Is it me or is this bike incredibly well balanced/stable at low speed? I have a trials bike and it feels as good as that... very impressed with its balance...

Retired
EC 250 (2007)
UK