Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:19 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default Rebuild time questions

Ok so i finally started my strip down and rebuild on my bike. have all my new bearings, seals, plastics etc so will be asking a few questions as i move through it.

First being :

1 how do i remove the airbox plastics. there are two little plastic screws (rivets?) that i am unable to move ( i may just replace the stickers and not the plastics) I forgot to take pics, but they connect behind the number boards and into the subframe

2 these two bolts were found to be loose once the swingarm was removed, is that normal? Is there anything i should be thinking about when i put it back?

Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

1) the plastic screws are just into the subframe. I'm surprised you still have them. I think there were the first thing to break on mine. I'd personally just drill them out if they won't back out. The head snapped clean off mine when I went to undo it. The rest pulls out. I think there is more to getting the side panels off than this though. I have a feeling mine have an internal rivet in the airbox too.

2) Those bolts shouldn't be loose. Its not normal. Are you sure you didn't loosen them off? haha. When you put it back together snug em up good!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

i thought so as well, i was shocked (no pun intended!) when i removed the swingarm and found those (both sides) loose enough for the bracket to rattle around. Afterwards i thought that maybe it has something to do with lining up the brackets with the swingarm bolt and once the swingarm is in place and tight the brackets will put tension on those bolts, but still seemed like a bit of a bad plan if that was the case.

the first plastic screw head snappped off and that was when i thought that i should ask before i break both. The air boxes are not bad so may still leave them add new stickers and keep the new plastics for later

Also looking at this space, has nobody come up with a nice way of using it for stashing tools? (blue arrow is where the plastic screw is)

Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM

Only wheel bearings i managed to find are the ones with the steel seals http://images.cpbay.com/uploadfile/c...-ZZ-113401.jpg (not the rubber ones) figured i can use them since i have the fancy skf wheel seals to go with them https://www.google.com/url?url=http:...9-prgeQ6pCMWZg
Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 AM

Ok i have started fitting my 2011 plastic kit and have a question about the front fender

on the 2010 the fender was secured to the underside of the tripple clamp with 4 bolts

on the 2011 it seems like only two bolts go into the underside of the t-clamp and then there is a plastic bracket that holds the bottom of the light that is bolted into the front of the t clamp (where the 2010 had the stabilizing bracket onto the fender) and it seems like the remaining 2 fender bolts attach to this bracket as well. is this correct? I am just worried that if i have a bit of a fender bender it may break the light bracket?

should i rather drill 2 holes into the fender and secure it to the underside of the t-clamp the same way as the 2010?
Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 AM

PS I will also be posting my review of the synergyseals swingarm/linkage bush kit shortly, if anyone wants info on it before then feel free to pm me