Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 PM

Default Ever heard of this?

Hi all

So i raced my GG300 into the ground about 6 weeks ago. Knew I needed a cylinder and piston so I did that.

Then at start up I had a weird noise so i took the case off that covers the clutch, PV and kickstart and the backing plate to the basket had sheared the rivets and was flopping loose. The gear on PV was damaged as well.

My buddy who sold me the bike had me come out and he and I couldnt find where the black rubber/nylon chunks came from. he ground the rivets from and old clutch basket and we saw the "cush" things in there and then we knew where the chunks came from. he then robbed the needed parts off his spare GG and i was on my way to race this weekend. Changed the oil 6 times in just a few days trying to get the debris out.

question is...has anybody ever had the rivets shear off on a basket? And also does the spring on the PV ever need replacing?

sorry, im long winded.

Last edited by Gasser300; 05-19-2008 at 08:27 PM.