Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 AM

Clay, the most important thing that a lot of riders, if not all could use is a real service manual. It should be shipped with every bike in the form of a CD. I prefer a disc as I can just print the page or pages that I need and not get the book all greasy. Then if I want a printed manual I can just take the disc to my local copy center and have it printed and bound. It would also be nice if they formatted it so that the languages were seperated into their own versions. Four languages on one page just sucks.

Personally I would rather have a service manual than a fanny pack with some cheap tools. Altough I do use my gasgas fanny pack.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 AM

I second that motion!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
Clay, the most important thing that a lot of riders, if not all could use is a real service manual. It should be shipped with every bike in the form of a CD. I prefer a disc as I can just print the page or pages that I need and not get the book all greasy. Then if I want a printed manual I can just take the disc to my local copy center and have it printed and bound. It would also be nice if they formatted it so that the languages were seperated into their own versions. Four languages on one page just sucks.

Personally I would rather have a service manual than a fanny pack with some cheap tools. Altough I do use my gasgas fanny pack.
Great idea! Plus a CD has got to be a lot cheaper to burn than publishing a paper manual.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

It's good that the factory is using loctite. My feeling is that they used too strong a loctite on a bolt that may need to be removed. Heating it would ruin an o-ring that's in there to seal it from the top. I put blue loctite on it when I put it back together.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
It should come out pretty easy with an E-Z out and some heat. A heat gun will do the trick. All the rotor bolts and front brake caliper bolts have loctite as well. These should all be heated when being removed as well. If the new axle nut is aluminum I would only wrench it with the box end of a wrench or a socket. Preferably a 6 sided socket as opposed to a 12 point one. I would think that a previous years axle nut would fit as long as thje axle is the same size.

All of your triple clamp bolts should get some anti seize as well as your bar clamp bolts. Along with your swing arm pivot bolt. A mix of anti-seize and some grease would be prudent for any fastener that is not removed very often. With the exception of the ones that require loctite. I typically use blue or pink as they are much easier to remove than the red.
The red 271 works a little too good........another trick for smaller(or any size) broken fasteners that are hard to drill or EZ out....is place a new nut over the broken bolt...then MIG weld into the "hole" of the nut to the broken bolt..
it will wind right out with little effort..the added heat from the weld helps too
Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 PM

Grease the kick knuckle often and its fine, not as good as the sealed Yamaha part but works OK. They added an o-ring? Thats good.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

It's on my list of requests.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:13 PM

Not so much meant as a comment for Spain but maybe a tip for here. I have my bike on the trailer for her maiden voyage tomorrow and it's sitting higher so I noticed that the vent hoses on the left side of the carb were almost touching the chain. I'm sure the chain would probably saw through at least one of them. I put a ty wrap on them and pulled them over away from the chain.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 PM

If someone posted that already I'm sorry...I missed it.