Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Per Berkyboy's request, I have created a new forum that is "dealer's only". Dealers can scroll to the bottom of the forum listing and see the new "dealer's corner" forum.

I would ask dealers (and ex-dealers) to continue this conversation and create new ones in this new forum.

thanks,
jeff

Old 08-11-2007, 02:30 AM

I can't see Gas Gas & Sherco sitting under the same tree at the same time. Gasser hate Sherco & there's a very good reason why.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)
Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Im a new owner of an older Gaser(01-200)Ive rode KTM and every one i ride with. How can this groop let this happen? the bike is miles ahead of what ive ridden in the past and the ones that throw a leg over it in my groop say i like the yellow bike,what a great suspension,power comes on different but so did it before an orange bike. So when I look over a sea of orange at harrison last week I think of a lost oppertunity this company has missed. Promote your product,set up a semi like KTM and show what your all about, pick up husaburg along the way to the next event and show off your wears you have somthing to be proud of and let the americans know your here to stay. Don
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 AM

How does a shippment of sold product arrive to this country and get held up? Do other companyes get the same treatment?Why arnt the bikes assembled over here? The other importers in the automotive field assemble here to there spects and market a good product,could this finally be the break a U.S. built here to stay dirt bike. Ive just bought a 200cc and its every thing a KTM should be and the more riders that throw a leg over the more Gasers YOU WILL SELL. Don
Old 08-12-2007, 06:51 PM

On the marketing side - is a name change appropriate for the NA market? We owners are used to the Petrol Petrol name, but almost everybody else questions why such a moniker was chosen.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
On the marketing side - is a name change appropriate for the NA market? We owners are used to the Petrol Petrol name, but almost everybody else questions why such a moniker was chosen.
Bultaco would be a nice name but GasGas is just fine with me.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM

Here’s an option…

Instead of putting all of their “eggs” into one basket, Gas Gas could try using more than one distributor for the North American (US) market.

Many potential US exporters have taken this approach in various foreign markets with great success. And, their success wasn’t limited to third-world developing economies, either. The Spanish could, say, divide the US into four distinct and separate markets: Northeastern, Southeastern, Southwestern, and Northwestern.

Each market would be serviced by its own “local” distributor, with the added benefit of communications and dealings between all distributors, thus providing a superior logistical network between regions, as well as, manufacturer.

For example, a national database could easily be established to reflect the availability of bikes, parts and products. Creating the opportunity for all concerned to utilize a more efficient means of inventory (Just in Time).

As well, dealers residing in a particular market would be required to deal exclusively with their regional distributor. This measure simply protects the entrepreneur who invested in establishing the regional distributorship from being undercut by his fellow US distributors.

Each distributor would work with advertising on two levels: regionally and nationally, with the national level being a cooperative approach involving creative and financial input from Gas Gas Spain, insuring the manufacturer a legitimate degree of quality control over the advertising process.

Please forgive me for submitting this, if this approach has been tried before.

If not, please remember, this is just a simple idea submitted by an owner and fan of the product, nothing more.

Safe and happy riding to all,

TP
'03 EC 300
Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM

It wasn't too long ago the orange bikes were in the same situation.
There is no reason Gas Gas can't turn it around if they choose.
gas gas trials divison seems to be working fine in the u.s and worldwide.
I think no matter how bad we want it and the dealers want it, the change
for a stronger U.S. market / support, needs to come from Spain and the way they do business.......... viva gas gas !!!

J.D.F.

'01 G-G 300 XC
'03 MONTESA 315R