Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 08-04-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Double backflip by Travis pastrana

Accomplished tonight.

Nuf sed

Old 08-05-2006, 01:31 PM

http://discount-poolsupplies.com/tp_xgames06.wmv heres the video
Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

The other link was downloading slow when I tried. Here is another link on putfile. Good quality too.

http://media.putfile.com/Travis-Pastranas-2xBackflip

I think Pastrana's mom was a little scared on that one.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:00 PM

Pastrana Mom is a beauty !!!

At first I thought it was his wife, but later learned it was his mom.

Lovely woman.

If you watch closely, and can do a little lip reading, you can see that he sais he's sorry, but had to do it. This is during the victory hug. I imagine it did frighten her to see him do that.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRDave
If you watch closely, and can do a little lip reading, you can see that he sais he's sorry, but had to do it. This is during the victory hug. I imagine it did frighten her to see him do that.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

On the topic of backflips...
I think it is kind of funny how the single backflip became "boring" or standard FMX stuff. Soon they had to combine it with other tricks. Now, Pastrana whips out the double flip. Who will be crazy enough to follow that?

I want to see someone try a front flip. I have seen it done on a BMX bike.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

........yeah....yeah.
Put them freestyle boys up against David Knight and see who's the real star.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:18 PM

Im with you Gasgasman !!!

Til a couple weeks ago and many digital vidio clips I have seen since then, I never heared of David Knight. I have seen a lot of X-Games and I have to say that DK schools em' all.

The X-Games are very clean and well contstructed. The X-Games have raised awarness of our sport, and that is a very good thing. All of the tricks are well practiced with pits full of foam blocks and many are done on BMX bikes first. Whenever I see the X-Games, I will be glued to the set.

The X-Games is like Trials riding, only Trials riding has been going on for much longer and its not a twice a year event. So much more can be done on a trials bike. Its not so much about all of the "tricks" you can pull off before you land from 60' in the air. Trials is ALL ABOUT balance and control. It takes skill and strength to slowly wheely walk a log, and then leap onto a platform positioned several feet away.

David Knight does Trials on an Enduro bike. (Thats what it looks like to me) The big difference there is that hes fighting the elements. Hes fighting rocks, mud, roots, and any other nasty that presents itself. What DK does on the videos I have seen is so much more rugged and random then either X-Games or Trials that it just blows my mind.

I want to see more DK video.

Whenever I am stuck on a trail trying to get past a root or log (none of which we have in the desert where I ride) I will ask myself "What would DK do?"
Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman
........yeah....yeah.
Put them freestyle boys up against David Knight and see who's the real star.

Nothing against knight...
and i'm not a huge fan of fmx
but

Put David Knight at the top of that start ramp and tell him to pin it and pull a double back flip off that kicker down there and see what he does.

No yeah but, or this or that It take more than just balls to pull off a maneuver like that. Pastrana has got some serious skills.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:53 AM

Default I can do Triple backflips...no problem

........in my sleep......and when I finish I`m surounded by beautiful cheerleaders who pour honey all over me,roll me in Rice Krispies and eat them all off.......

Yes you guessed it...then I wake up.....

PS On the subject of DK.....I see he picks a 2 stroke for the Erzbergrodeo....and any other race he can get away with using it...si is he contracted to ride 4 stokes for the WEC??....