Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:33 PM

hmmm I started ot with pump gas. then went to a race gas mix as I needed to have race gas to run my trials bike and there was no way I would burn through 5 gallons of race gas in my beta so I started using it in the gasser. first cap was probably all pump gas current cap is 50/50 mix. At the moment I'm running straight pump gas ... I'll have to keep an eye on that rubber seal thing.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
lwb1966d

Angry very nice

very nice. A+++++++------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------our site:wow gold wow gold buy wow gold wow gold buy wow gold
Old 11-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Remove the ball bearing check valve from the gas cap if you are running a check valve/vent on the shorty hose. Enlarge the pin holes in the rubber seal boot. I had a funny stalling issue at an enduro last year. I went through the bike, found nothing obvious but changed the gas cap anyway as I had a spare. At the next enduro I spoke to a guy who worked with Fred Hoess and was advised that Fred had this happen as well. I never had this happen before on any GG but I suppose its possible so I modified my cap and have never had a problem since. The original cap's seal boot looked odd like it was swollen, which is why I ordere the spare. Perhaps the small holes were obstructed.
I recently experienced some trouble on long steep climbs as well. There were maybe 6 of these climbs on the route and the first few went good. I started to notice the problem on maybe climb #4 and by the last one, at the steepest part, no amount of clutch work would give me low end. It would rev high though and I managed to loop the bike out on 1st and 2nd try. Made it out on try #3 by hitting it with more speed, but still almost stalled when i downshifted at the top.

I was wondering about the mentioned "pin holes in the rubber seal boot"? The cap on my 13' 300 just has a vent hole in the top and rubber sealing gasket thats in good shape..

I'm going to look at the petcock screen today as well and check fuel flow. There is an inline ball valve in the gas cap vent line that goes into the steering tube.

Last climb starts at 8:20

https://youtu.be/7AelIZeHidk
Old 11-09-2016, 07:07 PM

Anyone have some insight into the "pin holes in the rubber seal boot"?