Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM

Talking Juniper Dunes Riding area, SE Wa

Juniper dunes is open and totaly legal.

Because it is a sand dune area, flags and tabs are required for all ATVs (including motorcycles). The area is patrolled by the BLM and the Sherrif, and (I hear) they will hand out tickets.

The lower Parking lot is located at N +46 deg.20.641', W -118 deg 57.043'.

I-182 passes by Pasco WA going East tword Hwy 12.
Continue as 182 passes under 397 to Spokane overpass
The next overpass is the Exit onto Pasco-Kahlotus Rd.
Continue on Pasco-Kahlotus RD past Martindale Rd (about 10 miles)

At the corner that takes you into Juniper dunes you will see a small aiirplane hanger for cropdusters with a giant yellow mailbox on the right side of the road. On the left, you will see some grain silos and warehouses and a gravel road that will take you into the dunes.

The farmers along that road have a real beef with all the ATV riders traffic and one guy has put up a sign saying 'keep out', 'no motorcycles, ATVs, or walkers alowed'. If you see this sign you know your in the right place.

If you drive slowly (so as not to kick up too much dust) it is about 5 or 6 miles to the second parking area, and about 4 miles to the first. I like the second parking area because it is flatter and easier to get into. If it is actualy 10 miles (and not the 5 or 6 I think it is) you still will get to the lower lot if you just keep going. The road will just end, and you will know you are there because of all the other people parking in there with thier bikes and camp trailors.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Hmmm, I might need to make a trip down there if the snow doesn't melt up here soon.