Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-14-2018, 02:59 PM

Default 2010 EC 250f 4t opinions

Evening everyone! I?m after some advice regarding the 2010 EC 250F 4t. The web seems to have little info on them from people who have owned them. I have the chance of buying one to replace my late 90?s EC250 2t which I love. I can?t afford to keep two bikes so the 2t would have to go to fund the newer bike. So, are the 4t bikes any good? Has anyone moved from the smoker to the tractor and regretted it? Would I miss the added power offered by the 2t? It would be my first 4t bike so I don?t really know what to expect. I?d be using it for a mix of road and trail riding.
Cheers

Old 10-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't buy a Yamaha engine in a Gas Gas chassis. I'd just go and buy the Yamaha. Dime a dozen. Easy to find one in good condition, easy to sell again if you don't like it.. and easy to get a test ride.

Powerwise a 250F is enough to go fast, but not mind blowing. They rev further than the 2 stroke, and peak HP is no where near the same. Generally a 250F isn't known so much as a tractor..