Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM

i didnt care to chime in until now simply because i wasnt buying a new bike till the fall but clay do you remember when we had this conversation last fall about the late release of bikes in particular the nambo and cervantes from last year. we discussed how it was generally done to buiid up hype around the flagship models. were as i was saying it makes no sense as youd think the company would love to show off and make available the best models as soon as possible to give not only its fan base, but potential buyers the chance to get interested and thinking about our bikes early in the year. i only bring this up because alot of people are trying to save face for gasgas on the forum when infact it happened last year with the race ,nambo and cervantes as a late release which was dubbed as done for late season hype. im not bashing by no means because i love these bikes but they have to make the bikes available for us to consume when we want to consume them or people start to get interested in other bikes. its quite the pickle you have been put in this year clay and i feel for you. i hope they pull things together for 13 and give me the choice id like to have rather than look elsewhere.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Look on the bright side, you could have bought a 350 KTM, they only needed 4 (or was it 5?) separate recalls on faulty parts that could cause catastrophic engine failure. At least GasGas waited to fix the problems they found instead of letting the bikes out for the public to discover.
Yes gasgas did fix the problems before shipping the bikes but the UK already has used 2012 e start 250s for sale. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAS-GAS-EC...ht_1296wt_1139

The USA must be at the bottom of the shipment list.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
Yes gasgas did fix the problems before shipping the bikes but the UK already has used 2012 e start 250s for sale. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAS-GAS-EC...ht_1296wt_1139

The USA must be at the bottom of the shipment list.
In the other countries the e start models are the same as the standard model with the e start parts bolted on. In the US, the e start model is the Race model with the e start stuff bolted on. The standard models use the Sachs stuff and the Race models use the Ohlins shock. We just got some bikes shipped in for our support riders and magazines to test. Gas Gas had to ship them without shocks because Ohlins was late getting shocks to them. Then they shipped the shocks separately.
Sorry, Joe. I know you're trying to build your case that we should be fired.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 PM

Ok... then I have to think of something else to blame on you.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

LOL joe(s looking for)dirt..

Some things in life are worth waiting for.. others are not! Thats all up to you!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I was told today that the 300 E starts did not ship. Just kidding!
They are due at the port on May 10th.
Today is the day did they make it Clay?
Thanks
Harold
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrider View Post
Today is the day did they make it Clay?
Thanks
Harold
They hit the port yesterday. Now we wait on the US Customs folks.....
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Cool

Well look on the bright side Joe Dirt, it will give you time enough to learn how to ride your old bike. Anything worth having is worth waiting for, remember your prom? The wait is worth it.........

Last edited by gas stroke; 05-11-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: mispelled