Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Originally the 250s were supposed to leave with the estart 300s a few weeks ago. Sure as hell hope they didn't have to wait, or worse yet get delayed to after the 300s. I guess it would help to understand the shipping schedule and how things work.
Glenn,
We were given a shipping schedule back in March that has been totally incorrect. Gas Gas blamed the first delay on suppliers and the second delay on an incorrectly machined gear for the e start system. I have no reason to believe that they are not telling the truth. Doesn't really matter....a delay is still a dealy.
We are now told that we will have a mixed container of twenty three 200's and twenty three 250s (one half e start and one half kick starts) leaving the factory on the 27th of April. The other twenty three 250s were scheduled to leave on March 11th. I have asked the factory to cancel these because they will be too late.
If you have a 250 on order with a dealer, please call the dealer to confirm that you still want it and have the dealer confirm this with Chuck or me. Sold units will get priority release to dealers.
Clay

Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM

I'm going to call mine a "2013."
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Clay,

OK, all is good. This was not a complaint just a question on how the shipping works. I assume they wait to have enough bikes to fill a container before shipping, not ship a partial container. Just wondering as I have no real knoweldege of ocean freight, other than diving and exploring shipwrecks.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
300 E starts are leaving the factory on Tuesday April 17th. They should hit Savannah three weeks later.
Haven't gotten comfirmation on the 250s or 200s yet. I will let you guys know when I get it.
This date for the 300's is still correct?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

Steve,
Yes it is.
Clay
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Clay,

OK, all is good. This was not a complaint just a question on how the shipping works. I assume they wait to have enough bikes to fill a container before shipping, not ship a partial container. Just wondering as I have no real knoweldege of ocean freight, other than diving and exploring shipwrecks.
Glenn,
I did not take your comment as a complaint.
I hope you never have the opportunity to explore a shipwreck that carried one of our containers!
Clay
Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 AM

Clay,

Am I correct in understanding that the March 11 shipment never happened, you canceled the rescheduled date, and the next 250 shipment is April 27?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Clay,

Am I correct in understanding that the March 11 shipment never happened, you canceled the rescheduled date, and the next 250 shipment is April 27?
Sorry I wasn't clear. We were told that the 300 E starts would ship back in mid March and that the 250s would ship one week later. That never happened due to supplier problems (Ohlins and Kehin and whoever makes the e start gears).
Finally the 300 e starts are shipping next Tuesday. Then the 200s and half of the 250s we ordered are shipping on April 27th. They wanted to ship the rest of the the 250s on May 11th. I asked them to cancel the May 11th shipment. (I never cancelled any of the order back in March. Actually I have been trying to get them to rush those orders from March.) So rather than getting fourty six 250s we will only be getting 23.
I know this is confusing. Welcome to my world!!!!!

I just read back through the thread and realized that I said March 11 rather than May 11. That is how I confused you. We did not cancel anything in March but we have asked to cancel the 250s they want to ship in May.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:43 PM

I sure the dealers are real happy with this cluster. Nothing like trying to sell new 2012 bikes in may.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
I sure the dealers are real happy with this cluster. Nothing like trying to sell new 2012 bikes in may.
Everyone is frustrated with this cluster. Gas Gas has to ship motorcycles to us to make money. We have to ship motorcyles to dealers to make money. Dealers have to sell motorcyles to retail buyers to make money. Retail customers don't want to wait this long to buy the bike they have been waiting on since last fall.
One good thing though..... they could have shipped the bike with all of these problems and let us all deal with fixing them later. They did not do this. That's good!