Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Talking Glad it wasn't muddy

Round 3 Winter G.P. series at Straddeline ORV, today. Another top 10 finish for pscook...4th. This is my bike at the end of the long course race. I only saw 2 GG reps, this round...pscook & myself.

http://

http://

Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That was a muddy race. If I ever get to it I'll post up some of the mud videos. Assuming the camera lens wasn't obstructed. But here's my bike-

Boy, did the van start to smell on the way home. Drying mud and sweaty clothes just over the rear heater does not make for an attractive scent.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 PM

I have over an hour of video. I'm going to be very choosy during my edits. I have the aftermath of the long course, 1st lap debacle. I don't want to post video, of the injured. It was not a happy scene.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM

So much for the chain, sprockets and brake pads! At lease you had a good time.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
So much for the chain, sprockets and brake pads! At lease you had a good time.
Mine is getting stripped completely down. I know pscook is doing the same. I started with new front pads(they're trashed). I'm sure the rears won't look any better. I'm glad the rad guards kept the radiators from getting packed full of mud. It was a lot of fun. Somewhere, there's an angry man...I accidently tried to remove his head, with my front tire(his fault, not mine).
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 PM

I am probably going to leave the engine in the frame, but everything else is due for some lovin'. Depending on schedule, I might even take this opportunity to send my suspenders out for attention.

Loading 6+ minutes of my last lap. I hope I captured my couple of spills, thrills, and near misses. I will say that there were a couple of times that I should have crashed, but the thickness and consistency of the mud prevented me from falling over. I'm so slow that I couldn't get my tires cleared of mud, so I was sliding all over the place. Man, it sucks being slow.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 PM

Video of some of my last lap.
http://youtu.be/VDkzAP9D12s

I'll look for the muddy stuff later. So tired...

Note to self: If given the opportunity again, don't schedule four hours of arenacross riding the day prior to a scramble.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 AM

That is some greasy slippery stuff!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Second section, last lap.

http://youtu.be/-sSiigV92II

And the last section of the last lap. Did I mention I was tired?

http://youtu.be/0s4Z9Athufs
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM

I did a race like that a few years back, spent more time cleaning, inspecting, repacking and replacing parts.....yea I got a 3rd place in class, nice big huck of plastic, but sent 4 times the entry fee repairing the bike.......fun factor was super high, but the after math was a mess!

I use a foam pack under the skid plate to keep mud out, jammed into every place I could put it.

This sounds crazy, but if you ever race a really muddy event again, put some womens panty hose over your radiator luvers........ It works!!!

Take the plastic luvers off, then find a leg opening and work a leg around the luvers, then tie a knot so it does not come off. Do each side. You want it tight, but not to the point to tear it.

If you use a "nude" color no body will know it is there!

What it does, allows air and water to flow through, but will not collect mud. The nylon is super slick, mud will not stick to it, thus not plugging up your cooling system with mud!

I have also taken off the front fender and covered it before as well. We all know how much mud will build up under the fender, just tie the knot at the back of the fender.....yea, it looks crazy, you might get a few looks, but it is totally worth it when you don't have 3 pounds of mud collected under the front end!

When your done, take a razor blade and cut the panty hose off.......

I know it sound insane, but it REALLY WORKS!

A mud race is all about prep work...more like combat, trying to keep that stuff off the bike.

I have tried WD40 under fenders.....washed off if there is a alot of mud puddles.

I've used Pam cooking spray under fenders as well, worked better, but clay is a pain in the butt to keep from sticking...again the panty hose works the BEST!!!!!

I also duct tape where my visor meets the helmet and also all the "venting" in the visor. This keeps water from dripping into the visor area from the top of the helmet, with a overall result of trying to keep goggles clean.

Also you can take some plastic and duct tape a extention onto you exisitng visor, it helps with water and if your getting roosted you can dip your head and the extenion will block more roost, and help keep goggles clean.

Rolloff systems are great as well Scott Works system with the dimples on the lens will keep the film from sticking to the lens. It allows water to pass, but no to stick.

If your handgaurds have air vents, tape them up, to keep mud and water from passing through the vent holes and onto your grips and gloves!

Again, prep work is the key.....too bad you'll spent more time doing the prep work than really racing!

Sorry, did not mean to hijack your thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ToastRearBrake-1.jpg (76.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ParieCity08-1.jpg (78.3 KB, 15 views)
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals