Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurrr View Post
My map, 06 FSE450. (Not sure if it's a factory map, i bought a secondhand ECU when my factory ECU died)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw4td3q6vg...50_06.bin?dl=0
Ahh thanks for sharing, you can always open up the tune from another poster a few above who had an FSR, the tune is pretty similar to what my 2003FSE450 has but you need a different 'definition' file to find the tune tables. If you download my tune and use my definition file in tuner pro then right click on the 'fuel table 1' and go into the properties you will see a hex address. If you now were to download a hex editor such as HxD (For windows) or iHex (mac) and goto that address in the same tune (mine) you will see how the tunes are played out. You can now open your tune (In hex editor) and to that same address, the table will be located 'fairly' close and you should be able to quickly see the similarities. Find the start of the fuel table and then look at the hex address, go back into tuner pro and change the 'definition' of the fuel table 1 to the newly found hex address and see what it looks like!
It'll take a little time but it's worth it, you'll be surprised how much you will learn in a short amount of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edm11 View Post
Is the only option to getting my ECU re flashed sending it to Spain ? 2007 GG FSR 450
FIRST make SURE it's a Magneti ECU and not a kako. This only works for Magneti's

Reflashed as in what? Tune it up? or has it been corrupted?
If it's corrupted then download the map off one of these other forum users and use the tool linked to upload to your bikes ecu. Remember to thank the others for their tunes! It's bloody nice of people to spend the time to get them and share!

If you follow the guide on the first page using a compatible cable you will have the ability to adjust all aspects of the tune including ignition advance and fuel tables and warm up enrichments etc etc.

No need to send your ecu off when you can make adjustments yourself.
You could always get it sent off then dump the rom and share it for others!

You can probably make a fair jump in power increasing the advance and funning better fuel, but be careful to not just do things by the seat of your pants. Do it scientifically and do it right. I take no responsibility of any damage done. To be honest it's not really all that easy to tune it well as you can't tune 'live'. Each mod you make you need to re upload then test, and repeat.

Sorry to anyone who wanted more support with this, I just don't have the time working as an Engineer and finishing my Honours. The time I do get I put into my BMW

I could be selling my GasGas soon but i'll still check the thread if anyones stuck or wants some advice on tuning or even modding the rom to add in features etc. It's not an easy task, but if you're familiar with C and are willing to learn how to write assembly code (or understand it at least) then you can do all the modification you want!

Tags
ecu, fse, iaw15p, obd, tune