Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
is there a good winter riding area midway (Portland, Vancouver, etc) from Tacoma to Eugene?
We could make dashes down the center median, between overpasses...beware the cable barriers

Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 AM

45 over the 35 pilot for sure. You will likely be overall rich with this setup but safe for starters, a lot safer than what you had.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
45 over the 35 pilot for sure. You will likely be overall rich with this setup but safe for starters, a lot safer than what you had.
the service manuel says a 38. Do these things actually come with the jetting, that it lists? I got the bike all buttoned up. It's waiting for fresh fuel. I likely won't fire it off 'till Sat. morning due to noise issues(my neighbors like me, and I'm keeping it that way). I can't wait to play with the settings. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so this is right up my alley. Luckily I'm smart enough to quit when I'm ahead
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

The service manual has had the same jetting I think for many years, for both the 250s and 300s. For the AS1 carbs, AS2, 38mm and 36mm. I'd say they arrive with whats in the manual, but it usually means the bike runs less than great.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM

I decided the neighbors will survive, today! Fresh fuel in...kick, kick, kick, kick, and kick some more...damn! Fuel on, choke knob pulled up...I did pour in fuel. Ahhhhh! plug wire off, and plug only hand tight! Problem solved. A single kick, and she idles on her own. The bike would not idle of it's own accord, Sunday. She's definitely feels a tad rich sitting there, twisting the throttle. I won't know anything until I get it out and ride it. Other than a plug check, is there anything else I should be aware of, other than increased or decreased performance?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Don't judge it until its up to temp and done a few runs to clear its lungs out. If its been idling rich it might be loading up a bit and take some throttle to clear out. When making changes only make one change at a time and then evaluate how its affected the running. If it improves you have taken a step in the right direction. If not go the other way and evaluate.

Its not a bad idea to get some tape and a pen and index the throttle so you can easily evaluate the point where the throttle is when things happen, be it running rich or lean.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Don't judge it until its up to temp and done a few runs to clear its lungs out. If its been idling rich it might be loading up a bit and take some throttle to clear out. When making changes only make one change at a time and then evaluate how its affected the running. If it improves you have taken a step in the right direction. If not go the other way and evaluate.

Its not a bad idea to get some tape and a pen and index the throttle so you can easily evaluate the point where the throttle is when things happen, be it running rich or lean.
Makes sense. I like the the pen & tape indexing idea. I can hardly wait to go ride it. Oh yea, as I twisted it up a bit, there was absolutely no bog after the cold start. The first startup at the staging area was a big red flag...She bogged out horribly. A little test putt, then checked the plug(grey). As you said, Jakobi, up to temp & run her out a bit. Thanks all. Saturday morning will be the next chapter of this story.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Your a lot closer now and unlikely to seize the bike like your previous jetting might have. Forget about what the manual says, 35 pilot is a joke and always was. The notched slide does make for a nice idle. All two strokes load up to a point while warming up, and must be hot and cleared out before evaluation.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:18 AM

The manual might say 35, and you've got a 38, but I found 40 or 42 decent for my 250s w AS1s ... 45 made the bike a slobbering mess.

Here's another can you may want to open, but make sure none of the worms get out - if you're trying to nail down jetting its important to have a consistent fuel source. That may mean $7.50/gal Turbo Blue, but I've found that, especially at times of seasonal change, the gas coming out of the pump can screw up my jetting attempts and make a previously finely-tuned machine much less so.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The manual might say 35, and you've got a 38, but I found 40 or 42 decent for my 250s w AS1s ... 45 made the bike a slobbering mess.

Here's another can you may want to open, but make sure none of the worms get out - if you're trying to nail down jetting its important to have a consistent fuel source. That may mean $7.50/gal Turbo Blue, but I've found that, especially at times of seasonal change, the gas coming out of the pump can screw up my jetting attempts and make a previously finely-tuned machine much less so.
I have 3 carbs...who ever said one size fits all Maybe one size fits "mostly"...