Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

What a ride! Another one in the books.

We got a late start as I stalled the start waiting for those that RSVP'd and hadn't showed yet.
I had several no shows, boy did they miss out. They must have felt the heat as the event closed in. My mountain rides are quite demanding.

Started off with 11 including me. Second loop down to 9 including me.

Mother nature did us right. Hard rains the night before made it virtually dust free with Velcro traction. I mean I blasted up stuff I normally struggle with when it's silty. On the infamous Greek Creek trail the rains actually made it harder as most of the soil was gone and a deep rain rut filled of trail trash large rocks and root steps we left to traverse back out. A couple bikes were boiling over once back on top as well as the riders.

We did have a couple mechanical issues Stu had a rear brake issue and retired early on and Don got a flat about 10 miles out from the finish and rode it in like a champ. We zip tied his tire on and he traversed Greek creek like that. That's bad ass, he claimed it helped him with traction through there.

87 miles of Bliss, by the way does that number look familiar?

We were on our bikes for around 6 hours with multiple bench racing and breather breaks.

As far as a benefit I probably broke even with the low turn out unless people were really generous, which I wouldn't doubt. I will know on Tuesday when I open the donation box at our club meeting.

Here are a link to a few pics I took, there are 2 pages. Its hard to take a lot of photos when your the host and trying to keep pace in front of some very good riders.

Roscoe

http://s130.photobucket.com/user/REV...20Ridge%20Ride

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
What a ride! Another one in the books.

We got a late start as I stalled the start waiting for those that RSVP'd and hadn't showed yet.
I had several no shows, boy did they miss out. They must have felt the heat as the event closed in. My mountain rides are quite demanding.

Started off with 11 including me. Second loop down to 9 including me.

Mother nature did us right. Hard rains the night before made it virtually dust free with Velcro traction. I mean I blasted up stuff I normally struggle with when it's silty. On the infamous Greek Creek trail the rains actually made it harder as most of the soil was gone and a deep rain rut filled of trail trash large rocks and root steps we left to traverse back out. A couple bikes were boiling over once back on top as well as the riders.

We did have a couple mechanical issues Stu had a rear brake issue and retired early on and Don got a flat about 10 miles out from the finish and rode it in like a champ. We zip tied his tire on and he traversed Greek creek like that. That's bad ass, he claimed it helped him with traction through there.

87 miles of Bliss, by the way does that number look familiar?

We were on our bikes for around 6 hours with multiple bench racing and breather breaks.

As far as a benefit I probably broke even with the low turn out unless people were really generous, which I wouldn't doubt. I will know on Tuesday when I open the donation box at our club meeting.

Here are a link to a few pics I took, there are 2 pages. Its hard to take a lot of photos when your the host and trying to keep pace in front of some very good riders.

Roscoe

http://s130.photobucket.com/user/REV...20Ridge%20Ride
Awesome pics...I'm jealous
Old 12-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Looks like fun! I must have missed the mail man with my invite
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 12-29-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
Looks like fun! I must have missed the mail man with my invite
I rode that area a number of times, last summer. Some of the trails definitely require a gut check...or stay home. The ridgeline views are spectacular.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
I rode that area a number of times, last summer. Some of the trails definitely require a gut check...or stay home. The ridgeline views are spectacular.
Is that up by Teanaway?
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 12-30-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
Is that up by Teanaway?
Little Naches. I either ride from Crow Creek C.G. or park on the road near Pyramid Peak, then run the 942 trail on my toward Blowout Mountain & beyond.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Banned

Looks like a good challenge.I've never ridden that area.Added challenge when you hook up with the maniacs on their home turf.Every bump,trap,hill and gotcha wired.Takes a diabolical mind to put something like that together.Reminds me of someone I used to know.Got an age limit on this baby?