Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Gifford Intel?

Gents -

We've hit Gifford the last two years and have had a blast, but are looking to explore more of the area, hit new trails, find some place good to camp, etc.

If anyone has good knowledge, appreciate any info and insight

Old 05-29-2015, 07:21 PM

Don't know about the bulk of the trails, but a regular group have cleaning, clearing, & riding the southern end. I'll be riding/camping from Blue Lake(the actual lake)...on the big blue Beamer.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:28 PM

Just to be clear...I've hiked & biked the bejesus outta Gifford, and I still don't know most of the trail names, and only know the "main" roads by name/number. There's some really cool places in Gifford to see, by DSing. One of my favs is the old Burley Mountain lookout.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
Don't know about the bulk of the trails, but a regular group have cleaning, clearing, & riding the southern end. I'll be riding/camping from Blue Lake(the actual lake)...on the big blue Beamer.
bow - do you have a contact from that group of folks? The previous two years, we've camped at Olallie Lake (1st year) and Council Lake (2nd year). We've explored a bunch of the trails in the NE part of the park and had fun - especially Yozoo (276), 118 (Hamilton...I think) and those; but they're a hike from where we've camped.

We haven't hit the stuff in the SW part of the area, though I think some of those trails are pretty gnarly - don't like the high exposure stuff where a fall means your bike's gone forever.

Thanks for any insight

Oh yeah - when are you going to be camped at Blue Lake? That's right in the heart of a ton of fun trails, though I wouldn't want to take some of 'em on a dualsport...lol.