Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Roscoe's Ridiculously Rad Ridge Ride

I'm in the early stages of putting together a B. level rider and up Mountain ride in the Little Naches & Taneum areas.

It'll be 75 - 100 + Miles of some difficult and possibly intimidating Cascade mountain single track. You should not be too afraid of heights and bike must be able to do 50 miles on a tank of fuel of you'd need to pack fuel to extend to that 50 miles.

There may even be some trail even those that frequent the areas may have never been on.

I will have a gas stop or we'll all stash fuel in the am.

This ride will be a benefit and I will be asking for donations to help my Motorcycle clubs finances as we have recently started leasing riding land that we will be putting public race and fun motorcycle events on in the future.

Probably be towards the end of July or early August. I will get more info out ASAP as there will be a limited amount of riders allowed and will be a RSVP only ride.

More later,
Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 PM

If the dates are good I am ready. I am riding up there this weekend. Cant wait to see what winter has done.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:47 PM

Would love to go....
Dates..?

Just rode there on Friday. Rode total of 50 miles. Made as far as the "shelter"...could not go any further do to the snow covered trails.

Otherwise one of the best rides there ever!!

A first for us (8 riders) came head on with 8 mountain bikers....the looks on their faces was hilarious....
Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I am interested, but I want to make sure that I am a B level rider first. I will watch this space.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM

I'm really interested as well! Since I Havn't been racing I'm in the same boat as Phil. I rode both loops at the fathers day poker run in little Naches for a total of 75 miles Sunday. The course was challenging to go fast in some sections for me but nothing was intimidating on the course. I feel like I'm getting better every weekend!
Roscoe any chances of you doing a single tract riding clinic for donations to your club?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Ok the date for this is looking like it will have to be Saturday August 10th

Guys I just want to make myself clear. My loop probably will have some of the fathers day poker run trails in it But that'll be the resting and relaxing portion of the loop. The other stuff will be very challenging and can be quite intimidating at times if you have any fear of heights. I have had some good riders lock up in those situations and it starts to become not so fun for them. And then me too! Tell you the truth I'm not that fond of heights, but its a rush when riding.

Some of the trails I plan to use are Most difficult ratings and can have very long steep hills, very tight switchbacks, and are side hill single track with exposed sections you do not want to make a mistake on cause it is a long way down. Do realize people have died out there from falling off some of the drops, not necessarily any that I am planning to use, but it does exist.

The main reason for the B rider and up status is not because I want fast racers with super speed, but more I need riders with tough trail ability and can make smart line selections. Some of the trails are quite difficult and we need to keep the group moving. This loop very well could exceed 100 miles so the need to be in bike shape and the fact it's August in a hot climate means needing to flow and not get stuck too much. I know 1 spot where going up I have never rode all the way up. I had to jump off and push the last 20 feet or so. I have never seen any one make it without pushing.

Anyhow I just want to make myself clear this ride is not for C riders. My wife has been riding for 10 years has rode the fathers day poker run many times and I would never take her on my loop.(she is afraid of heights and steep down hills)

By the way some of the views are stunning!

I will be going out several times to put my loop together, get mileage, check on conditions- downed trees, snow drifts etc... over the next few weeks. So guys if you want to get a sense of what I'm talking bout your more than welcome to come with, I will be doing sections each visit only, not the whole loop.

The donations from "Roscoe's Ridiculously Rad Ridge Ride" will be put into my M/C clubs gravel fund. This will help our club continue to gravel our club lands staging area. We have spent thousands on clearing and gravel and ran out of dough and need to get some more gravel down before our first events are held out there this fall.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 06-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff165 View Post
I'm really interested as well! Since I Havn't been racing I'm in the same boat as Phil. I rode both loops at the fathers day poker run in little Naches for a total of 75 miles Sunday. The course was challenging to go fast in some sections for me but nothing was intimidating on the course. I feel like I'm getting better every weekend!
Roscoe any chances of you doing a single tract riding clinic for donations to your club?
Jeff, I would be glad to help you, no donations needed.

Roscoe

Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM

August 10 for me
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Would love to go....
Dates..?

Just rode there on Friday. Rode total of 50 miles. Made as far as the "shelter"...could not go any further do to the snow covered trails.

Otherwise one of the best rides there ever!!

A first for us (8 riders) came head on with 8 mountain bikers....the looks on their faces was hilarious....
Were you riding out of the Taneum side or Naches drainage?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Ridge Ride

The 31st is the holiday weekend. Most likely more people will opt for the 10th, but I'm up for either one. I would be very interested in helping with the pre ride too... need to learn more areas than just my old and now non existent trials trails. Plus a hill you have never seen successfully completed, this I gotta see.