Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 PM

I really want to try them if this is the general concencus I just bought a new set of rims so I could leave the trelleborgs on the factory rims this year and will spend 70 on tubes anyway but it has to be a worth while spend performance wise to blow 200 bucks on it
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Jeff is awesome. I run MT16s with good results. The sidewalls break down internally though if you try and push them too long. Vee Rubber has a van at most of our races, I think Jeff Melik runs them too. Might try a set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
So big improvements in unsprung weight are the real catch here. Along with some improvements in traction. I haven't had any traction issues with the MX51 at lower pressures 8-12psi depending on terrain and pace. I have also managed to rip entire knobs out of the rear and tear side lugs from the fronts. Usually when running too low a pressure for the terrain. Love the tyres and the combo I'm running though. Not sure if it would be worth the effort and coin to make the change and then find a tyre I'm happy with again. I'll wait for Trev to report back
Unsprung weight for sure would matter but how much less can they weigh than a heavy duty tube?? I had custom BST carbon fibre wheels on my rocket and that was a rediculous upgrade but I dropped almost 10lbs a wheel( and over 3Gs on them lol). I'd be more interested in the traction side. Why would they hook up better? If I can run 8lbs in the rear and 10 in the front without pinch flats why would I get better traction out of the same tire running at the same pressure? I'm confused?????
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 PM

It's because the bead is held to the rim much more securely by the 110 psi liner, for a full 360 deg., not just at one rim lock location. The flex pattern is different as the tire does not move from the rim at low pressure. Here, in the gnarly rocks and slick stuff, a softer front that sticks and won't flat is huge. Also consider trail side repairs. If you do flat, from a tear of puncture from a small sharp rock, it's an easy fix with some plugs and your off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

I can see how it would be an advantage in those situations. For me running lower pressures I generally find the front end feels mooshy and wanders (similar feeling to riding with a flat) before I experience any issues with pinch flatting and turning the tyre on the rim though. That and the tyre starts to throw knobs. When I change tyres you can usually see some wear internally on the side wall from the flex too.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM

Worth a read...... http://motocrossactionmag.com/mobile...SHOU-4281.aspx
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 04-09-2013, 11:13 PM

That was an interesting read thanks for that
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I've been running them since 2010. Amazing product. The best money you can spend on a bike outside of new tires and hand guards. The only thing that holds me back is you have to actually put air in them, twice per end. Mousse inserts are faster to change, but they don't last as long, and have a dead feel without the traction advantage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Well good god what an ordeal getting these friggin things. I have a new set of rims coming so I don't have to take the trelleborgs off and need rubber for a race in a week so I had to go with tubes. Maybe first tire change ill buy a set. Tubliss does not seem to be very popular around here from what the shops are telling me.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Well good god what an ordeal getting these friggin things. I have a new set of rims coming so I don't have to take the trelleborgs off and need rubber for a race in a week so I had to go with tubes. Maybe first tire change ill buy a set. Tubliss does not seem to be very popular around here from what the shops are telling me.
There is often a fear of the unknown. This side of the world the shops also don't recommend it because they have had issues fitting it ... the best I had was from my local ktm dealer who said it didn't work. I later discovered that the the reason was that "since he was riding enduro and not mx" he was not pumping the inner to 100psi