Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 AM

I spent a few miles on Boomer and GasGasMan's bikes without knowing they had Pivot Pegs installed. I couldn't figure out why my body position was so aggressive -- then they told me. Very comfortable and allowed me to dig underneath the shifter.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Guys. I've damaged a peg on my '15 ec200. Got some aftermarket ones that fit. But my gasgas springs don't. The pegs I've got were listed for a yz125 or 250. Any idea where I can find yz springs?? Thanks
Old 09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Fastway pegs - my impressions

I like the wide platform of the Fastways.

The stock cleats are too short - they make a longer version that is better.
But both are installed/removed with an allen wrench into the head - which means the head of the cleat is hollow. It gets packed with dirt and is a b**ch
to clean out when it comes time to replace them. They also have a tendency
to distort. In some cases I've had to cut a slit with my Dremel and remove
them with a flat blade screw driver.

Fastway does make some pyramid spikes - I would go with these right from the start.

Also, less important, but the anodizing on the Fastway pegs is poor. They fade very quickly, and if you are like me and got red, they are now pink.
I have many friends who also have Fastway pegs and it is apparent they do not use a high quality anodizing process.
'14 GG XC300R - County Cycle Woods Weapon #63
Old 09-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I'm running pivoting pegs, and would concur that it can be a "love 'em or hate 'em" type of relationship - and I am split on the issue! I run one to pivot and one tightened down to stay stationery.

I wanted to have the brake pedal side peg pivot in order to have better control of my braking - and love it.

I ran both pegs as "pivots" - and hated it. The reason is that I didn't feel like I had control of the bike - there wasn't a stationery peg to put pressure on for body control. I know that isn't actually true, but it felt that way. May be psychological, but with both pegs pivoting there was just too much movement for my liking.

So I ran a standard peg on the left/shifter side and a Pivot on the right/brake side. Finally tried the Pivot on the left again, and just tightened it up so that it "doesn't." Works great for me.

Jeff
Old 09-24-2015, 10:31 AM

I have the pivot pegs with the mounts reversed so they sit lower. I also clamped them up at a comfortable angle and left them that way. Never even tried the pivot feature. The pegs are good and show no wear after several years of use. Some trimming at the back corner allows them to fold up completely if I tag a tree stump.