Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Just another tip...

You can bend the lower mouting tab on the subframe (the one with the rivet nut) to make the side panel miss the kickstand. It is an easy tweak with some vice-grips. Just a little tweak is all it takes. This pulls the bottom of the side panel further outward.
Thanks for the tip Matt. I have already damaged my side panel with my kickstand . I'll give this a try to stop it from getting worse.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM

!@@#$%%^
this stupid bastard is makin me mad.
i have an 07 300' and it looks nothing like this pic, i mean its similar, but i dant have anywhere near enough room to remove the bolt, i cant even get an open ende wrench to it, let alone on it, sockets and pliers are also waaaay out of the question. any suggestions? im to the point where im about to just take tha bastard off, between the shin damage and the radiator and plastic damage. all the damage on this bike has been caused by the !@#$%^ kickstand and it really is irritating to cause hundreds in damages to a 7000 bike because of a !@#$% 2 dollar spring that was put in a bad place.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-05-2008, 08:42 PM

leave the kick stand mount in place. remove just the kick stand. My 06 300 has a small spacer/bushing that goes between the kick stand pivot bolt and the kick stand. This is so you can crank down the kick stand pivot bolt and it won't tighten down on the kick stand thereby allowing the stand to rotate freely. Grind this spacer/bushing down enough so that the pivot bolt WILL crank down onto the kick stand. TA DA!! crank down on pivot bolt which now cranks down on kick stand and the auto retract feature no longer works.

on a side note the kick stand springs are strong. I use a big long beefy spring puller designed for removing springs from snowmobile exhausts. one that can push and pull.

not mine but scroll down for hte push pull spring puller
http://www.hiperf.com/ATV/acatalog/S...t___Tools.html
mine's better but I can't find it??

BTW the auto retract feature is an EU regulation.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Site Sponsor

That tool looks great. I'll make one for myself.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 07-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain thumper View Post
i have an 07 300' and it looks nothing like this pic, i mean its similar, but i dant have anywhere near enough room to remove the bolt, i cant even get an open ende wrench to it, let alone on it, sockets and pliers are also waaaay out of the question. any suggestions?
Yeah, the '07 bracket looks different. The pics were from my old '01 XC250. When I did it on my '07, I was a bit frustrated too. You can back off the top mounting bolt a little ways, but then you find it is impossible to get the bolt out right? The trick that young grasshoppers don't initially see is the lower mounting bolt holding the bottom chain roller (under the swingarm). Remove the lower mounting bolt and chain roller. Now, the kickstand bracket can move around/dangle from the upper mounting bolt. You should be able to remove the upper bolt without further issues.

By the way, it also helps to use an inner chain link plate for this modification. The inner chain link plate has a larger ID from the pin that was pressed in. This minimizes the enlarging of the hole that you need to do in order for the upper mounting bolt to fit thru.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Just get rid of the stand, they do more harm than good. I do this from day #1 with a new GG. Throw it in your cooler with just a bolt for use at gas stops that are on the road. There are plenty of trees in the woods to lean on. Use a shop stand or triangle stand in the garage or at camp.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Just get rid of the stand, they do more harm than good. I do this from day #1 with a new GG. Throw it in your cooler with just a bolt for use at gas stops that are on the road. There are plenty of trees in the woods to lean on. Use a shop stand or triangle stand in the garage or at camp.
I just may have to begin doing this. My kickstand bracket or the kickstand itself is slightly bent. It likes to rub on the swingarm occassionally during shock travel. Now, the swingarm has a few nice gouges in it. Stupid stand!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:08 PM

yeah, i got the nasty rub marks on my shiny swingarm too. sod
i got the whole assembly off, that lower chain roller bolt was hard to fenangle out, im going to cut the eye off and reweld it in front of the upper bolt on the kickstand mount.im sue itll drag on the peg a little, but oh well.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM

Just use natures stand. Trees!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 PM

cut off the tab, to find out the whole 300 yd spool of wire unraveled inside my welder, so i went the chain link method. im only using the lighter of the two sprins now, and its more that enough to withdraw it, and hold it in place while riding!
as soon as my now cam is charged ill try to take pics