Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default What is the Oldest Dirt Rider You Know ?

Does he have a girlfriend ? And a wife ? Does he have a new Tatoo ? Can he really ride or does he just hang out and talk a lot ? Last of all what does he ride ? So how about it who is the MAN ?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Does he have a girlfriend ? And a wife ? Does he have a new Tatoo ? Can he really ride or does he just hang out and talk a lot ? Last of all what does he ride ? So how about it who is the MAN ?
Great thread! My buddy rides an orange 350 off-road and a Kawa KLR650 for dual sport. Plays gold everyday. Winters in Texas, summers in CO. A pretty well known guy in western circles. If you say Klim....his name will come up. Mr. Len Faltyn, and is 78 years young.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Ted Del Solar
Used to live in Illinois, think he lives in Michigan now. One year at the Turkey Creek Enduro in Goshen, Indiana (2011?) I stopped to help a rider who was pinned under a bike, Man was I surprised to see it was Ted! Talked to him about it a year or two later, still sharp as a tack, that guy would have been 82 then, heard he rode the Jack pine last year. Ted is quite an individual, and an inspiration to us all.
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 10-01-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Ted Del Solar
Used to live in Illinois, think he lives in Michigan now. One year at the Turkey Creek Enduro in Goshen, Indiana (2011?) I stopped to help a rider who was pinned under a bike, Man was I surprised to see it was Ted! Talked to him about it a year or two later, still sharp as a tack, that guy would have been 82 then, heard he rode the Jack pine last year. Ted is quite an individual, and an inspiration to us all.
WHere is that LIKE button at Jeff?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:59 AM

Joe Galie he was a local ECEA hero unfortunately he made it to the last known control earlier this year. At 79 he was at every ECEA enduro. Was a true inspiration to see out on the trail.
Here is a news story on him a few years ago:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4aGO8yEFfY
Old 10-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Man, you guys start off with some tough to follow acts.

I'm new here on the GG forum. I'll be 70 in a month. No hero, I'm afraid. Just an old guy that still likes bikes. Been riding since about '71, I think.

My new to me GG XC200 yesterday on it's maiden voyage after leaving my shop (from being made rideable again) We're at the Wayahutta ATV trails in W. NC.

Me on Deal's Gap this summer

Also ride a plated '06 KTM EXC 450.

The end of this month I'll do a two day off road ride with 3 friends from Ohio .It's annual Halloween ride they do up in Mich. One's 77, the other two are 71 or 2. I'm bringing my grandson along (on my 450 while I ride the GG) otherwise, I'd be the youngster in this group.

The guys I rode with yesterday are 60 and early/mid 60's. There's lots of us old guys still riding.

Been married 52 yrs come this Feb. Most of my older riding friends have been married similar lengths of time.

Haven't checked any of 'em for Tat's though. Sorry. No girlfriends either, that I'm aware of.

RB
Old 10-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

there is a guy who I have met a few times around here..

his name is rowie durden.. he mostly rode gg trials bikes.

he brought me some of his old videos and a gg trails bike cd with all the old guys on it..

he is now 84, sold his trialer a few years ago. word is he would take his walker to the gg 125 txt, hop on and go off on his own... here he is at the last event I think he rode... (on the left....lol)

Last edited by jhendr3702; 10-02-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:58 AM

Motorhead "LIKES" all the above post ;-)!
I love motorcycles so much, dirt bikes especially, that reading about people still enjoying the rush of two wheels into the "golden Years" just makes me like, all warm n fuzzy an stuff. You know, like rainbows and unicorns/blue skies and puffy white clouds thinking I'll still be poppin' wheelies at 60, or 70, or...
Hats off to anyone who is still riding at 60+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Killer thread!
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 10-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
...thinking I'll still be poppin' wheelies at 60, or 70, or...
Hats off to anyone who is still riding at 60+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Killer thread!
Definitely a killer thread and so cool to read about folks cresting the later years who still throw a leg over and ride One of my long-standing goals and hopes is to be able to ride as I hit my 70s and 80s.

One of the guys I ride with regularly hit 61 (Bill E) a while back and there's still no way I can keep up with him (helps that he's fast and I'm slow...lol). Another guy I ride with on occasion is 72 (I think), he's still rocking the trails and technical single track - did a poker run with him last weekend and here's a shot of our group navigating a section of steep slippery stuff in the OR coast range.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Nice shot man!
I "like" it !
www.halls-cycles.com