Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Changing tyre, reusing bib mousse, any suggestions.

Hi,

I am installing some new tyres on my bike and I want to reuse the bib mousse inserts that are in my current tyres. I have had a search on the net, and found that they recommend you use genuine lube to install them, is this necessary or could I use something else like silicon spray or soap? Any other tips/tricks would be really helpful. I have changed plenty of tyres with tubes just never done one with a foam insert.

Thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I use Murphys tire lube, there are a few other brands as well. Check at a tire oops tyre shop that does truck tires as they should have it. Its the consistency of grease. I have used synthetic grease in the past but the tyre lube is much nicer to deal with.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 AM

Cheer for that.

Did the rear tyre afterwork, what an epic job!!!!. I think once the Mousse is shot I will be running heavy duty tubes again. The mousse came with the bike since it was an ex ISDE bike but man what a job with just tyre levers. Hope the front is easier, should be as I had to figure out a few things with the rear and I will know a few tricks for when I do the front tyre over the weekend.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:51 PM

If you want to run mouse tube, get or make a tool for it. Once you have used the tool, it sooooo easy and never have to worry about pinched or flat tube again. Only downfall is that they are so dam expensive
05 Pampera 250
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM

To be honest I was probably going to switch back to tubes after the mousse wore out anyway. The expense is to much for me, and I have never really had isssues with tubes. I have had maybe 3 flats and one of them was due to a broken rim lock causing the vavle to get ripped off. The other 2 I was running light tubes, I've never punctured a HD tube.

Cheers
Kerry