Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NZ View Post
Im also in chch, but on the largely undamaged northern side.

I was expecting my bike to be on the floor, but it kept standing. I had my 2007 stand modded, but this 2010 seems much improved, unless my dealer/mech friend already tweaked it.
Well, I've had no trouble with my stand, but of course the Auckland terrain is FAR more reliable than the South Island stuff!! (sorry, bad taste, couldn't resist, typical jaffa)

Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I hope you all recover from this thing. Glad your bike is okay! My best friend from school lives in Christchurch, and his house is basically a heap of rubble. Staying with in-laws out of town until there's a place to go home to.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 AM

things slowly improving but sure going to take a long time! my house pretty bad and its wait and see if its pulled down or repaired but at least I can live it till they decide, I'm lucky tho I'm one of the people that just really gets busy at work when this sort of thing happens, o and I got to ride the gasgas round the streets the other day no one cares at the moment and a rides a ride aint it
Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Let us know how you are getting on. We only see what they stick on TV, which is the same repeated shots of 2 or 3 collapsed buildings in the CBD. The media seem to be largely ignoring the suburbs this time. We don't know how ordinary blokes are getting on. Have you got power? water? sewage? Are you back at work yet? kids at school etc? The governments package of $500 a week for those whose employment is stuffed up doesn't sound like much... we are thinking of you guys.