Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2008, 11:40 PM

Default '05 EC250 -- Way saggy

I have the bike all set up (complete with Trail Tech Endurance computer whose pickup doesn't match the arc of the magna-bolt).

Anyway, I decided to check the sag.

With the forks level in the top clamp. Me at 190 and a 25-pound weight to represent full gear. I believe I have stock springs front and rear (the original owner was thirty pounds lighter and a mid-pack B rider. I'm a slow-C).

The insignia on the shock spring is a yellow Ohlins with "00596 10/52 L 264" written on it.

Static sag is 41.3mm. Race sag is 124mm (oops). I had loosened the spring earlier when I removed it, so this is not the setting at which I was actually riding.

I've heard some say that Gassers do well with higher static and race sag (approaching 30+ and 110+ respectively if I recall correctly).

What's a good setting for a rocky single-track rider who is afraid of speed? I'd be open to raising the forks up in the clamps if I use bigger sag numbers.

Thanks,

Rick