Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Default HELP! I tried to use my gasgas as a jet ski today!

Hey Guys,

So I had a bad day on the bike today. I was out riding and I slid off the edge of a trail into a giant puddle that turned out to be about 3 and a half feet deep. The engine quit immediately and the bike sat in the water for about 5 minutes before an ATV with a winch came by and was nice enough to haul me out.

Once it was out of the puddle I tried to start a few times no go....waited for a passing jeep with a tow strap to pull me to my truck...how embarassing The engine was totally under water for a few minutes and I tried my best to keep the exhaust out but it definitely went in when I first slid in and tipped the bike over.

I got it home here cleaned it off, removed the silencer and fatty pipe. The fatty was full of water, took the plug out it was fouled. I am wondering besides giving everything a few days apart to dry out totally...is there anything else I should be doing/worried about? I feel like kinda an idiot here

Thanks for the help,
Sam