Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:33 AM

Default GasGas EC Ranger...

I really like the idea that GasGas has come up with for the new Ranger, more torque, bottom end power, softer power delivery, softer suspension, etc. than the EC. Great price too!

Seems it would be a great option for people that don't ride competition but still want to do some serious off road riding.

My only gripe is that there's no kick starter... I don't understand why they would sell an off road bike that relies solely on electric start.

https://gasgas.com/en/enduro/548/41/ec-ranger-2020

Old 05-04-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
I really like the idea that GasGas has come up with for the new Ranger, more torque, bottom end power, softer power delivery, softer suspension, etc. than the EC. Great price too!

Seems it would be a great option for people that don't ride competition but still want to do some serious off road riding.

My only gripe is that there's no kick starter... I don't understand why they would sell an off road bike that relies solely on electric start.

https://gasgas.com/en/enduro/548/41/ec-ranger-2020
One reason is the general public is always whining about making bikes lighter. Easy way to shave off some weight there. Most serious riders will always prefer to cart around some extra weight for a little piece of mind. Just have a look at most of the spares people carry around in their bags! I am guilty of carrying half a bike in mine for all the people that barely maintain their toys. My own brother is the prime candidate!
Old 05-04-2019, 06:56 AM

Yes, I guess you're right, purely a weight saving idea...although personally I'd prefer to junk the electric starter motor and lead acid battery in favour of a kickstarter.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Kick starter can be added.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:37 PM

No sign of any EC Rangers yet in the UK. The importer got one as a demo last September but none have arrived since.

My pal ordered one last November and is still waiting, but not for much longer. He has been for a test ride on a Beta X Trainer and will be cancelling his EC Ranger order on Tuesday.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:29 AM

Default GasGas EC Ranger...

I was asking here in Germany a dealer to purchase one and he told me that the delivery will be delayed till mid of May. But GasGas will deliver than the 2020 version. Also with the delay came a price change from 6490,-€ to 6990,-€ here in Germany. Honestly I am still willing to buy one, but no one has it and the price increase is not good. Let’s see and wait what happens.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post
No sign of any EC Rangers yet in the UK. The importer got one as a demo last September but none have arrived since.

My pal ordered one last November and is still waiting, but not for much longer. He has been for a test ride on a Beta X Trainer and will be cancelling his EC Ranger order on Tuesday.
They are finally rolling off the assembly line now. Pictures are all over social media the last two weeks. Supposed to start hitting dealer floors in Europe very soon from what I heard. Next week IIRC..
Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 AM

Enduro21.com report that there was no GasGas factory team riding the EnduroGP in Portugal last weekend and there will no none at the next round in Spain. They put it down to "Restructuring and redundancies at the GasGas factory and HQ."
Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The way i read that they were not riding is because of layoffs. They dont want to spend money racing while they say they have to layoff for $$ reasons.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:56 AM

I own a 2020 EC Ranger and I can't say anything bad about other than that the plastic is abit crap (as always with GasGas). It's really good at the bottom and coming from a 4 stroke it's not as much change as I initially thought.

Got my hands on it mid june, so it was delayed by a month basically.