Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM

Default POwer Valve Rattle

My 07 has had a bit more rattle than my 99 or 02 had. Putting the power valve back together last night I may have stumbled on the cause. I think the washer on the ignition side is a bit to skinny, letting the vale slide back and forth on the pins.. I put a video up on youtube that better shows what i am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFwO7...=youtube_gdata

The end of the vid also shows how the valve is tensioned on the stop.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Nice one peb. Mine has that same noticable play in it as well. Squite clacky when moving it like you did at the start. Only problem I see by tightening it up a bit is it may be more likely to bind if you get some carbon build up.

I think I'll do the same when I do my next top end. Whats the best way to get the bearings off if they're stuck on the shaft a bit?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks Paul and let me know how it works when you get your bike back together and try it.

As you know I adjusted my linkage a while back. But still my 11 is louder than any of my other 300s have been. Keep thinking I didn't preload it against the stop with enough pressure. I have it set up with just a slight amount against the stop. Was concerned if I gave to much pre load the power valve may stick or open late and affect power.

Maybe what your suggesting here is what's going on with mine. Its been driving me up a wall lately. Luckily my next few weekends will be with a mostly wide open power valve in the desert.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM

This has been discussed and done before. It works, just don't set it up too tight. It needs clearance to operate when fouled, like a military firearm.