Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Here's some photos I took today.

Shoulder padding:
[IMG][/IMG]

Shoulder netting and arm guard:

Medical info tag inside water pouch compartment:

Back protector showing major padding and venting:

Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Water proof zippers:
Old 01-18-2009, 04:45 PM

Girard,

Thanks for the pics. It certainly looks like one of the best constructed CPs out there. I was reading through some reviews on TT. One guy said it put pressure on his collarbones. That was just one guy though. Its a one size fits all CP correct? You and I are close in size so I guess it would fit me OK.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Glenn.
It is a one-size-fit all.
You can adjust the breast and back plates up and down to suit your body size.
The back plate does not require tools to adjust. But, the chest plate has flat head screws.

If you try to pack a lot of weight in the back pack, I could see where it would pull down on the shoulders.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

This got a great review in Dirt Rider this month. They are available through Tucker Rocky dealers.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 AM

I'm looking for a good price on one now, along with a neck brace. It should really clean up the gear configuration. I'd like to mod the setup so it all goes on in one piece, no extra straps.

I'd still carry tools in a fanny pack for ease of access so exta weight in the pack is a none issue.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM

As nicely made as it appears I still have issues with it. Like most chest protectors the shoulder protection is designed wrong and placed on top of the shoulders and collar bone instead of on the shoulder itself. When you fall on your shoulder the thing gets driven into your neck. It's stupid IMO. Look at all the body armor (or hockey and lacross) and padding and protection is placed on the ball area of the shoulder for impact protection. Who falls on the top when you crash. The arm guards also seem to be an after thought and wimpy with little protection, no elbow guard system (which would be nice) and of course no rib protection (my pet peeve with almost every chest protector or body armot suit on the market). So I think this one would be a no go for me personally.

I did buy one of these Alpinestars Storm's to try (I usually wear the Acerbis Koerta body armor) and it's pretty nice. Proper placement of shoulder protection (IMO) and nice upper arm guards, decent and long back coverage, a raised area in the breast bone spot and comes in a bunch of sizes including an XL which many don't.

Critique away......http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Deflector.aspx
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
No orange for the KTM crowd.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Thats actually pretty nice. I like the arm guards, I wonder if you can get them separate as replacement parts?

None of these things is going to protect your shoulder in a big impact, you would need way bigger padding for that. They are good for low speed tuck and roll type getoffs and deflecting trail trash.

My Fox CP had some big scars on the right shoulder pad. I hit almost directly on my clavicle, then bounced and slid a bit on the top of the shoulder, so the top pads are worth something.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Here's my favorite body armor.....to bad it's $400

Description:

Dainese Wave V Jacket
The Safety Jacket WAVE is probably the garment that best expresses the characteristics of the protective concepts developed by Dainese for application to a wide array of sports. Created as a protective garment for off-road motor biking, the Safety Jacket has been constantly developed in order to ensure its technical characteristics stay at the top of the market. The validity of this garment is demonstrated by the fact that it has been adopted even outside of motor biking, for mountain biking, skiing and snowboard racing.

- EC homologated composite protection on the shoulders, elbows, forearms and back.
- Soft inserts on the shoulder blades, humerus and chest.
- Removable back protection.
- Equipped with soft inserts on the shoulder blades and breast-piece over the bust.
- The shoulder and elbow protections are mounted on a soft support.
- The back Wave has an innovative corrugated structure with greater mechanical resistance than the previous versions, yet is exactly the same weight, plus a brand new ventilation system.
- The waist joint, introduced with Back Space, has been kept as it enables the protector to follow the torso’s lateral movements.

What Go-Ride Says - "The Dainese Wave V Jacket is the pinnacle of upper body jackets. With it's highly vented mesh, the articulating shoulder protection, and the best fit of any jacket on the market, it's easy to make this our top choice. You will not find a better fitting, more comfortable jacket than the Dainese Wave V. With slightly larger sizing than the rest of the offerings from Dainese, this jacket fits true to size. Despite it's bulky appearance, it's actually very low profile, and the best fit of any jacket we have found if using the Leatt neck brace."